Potus ???

TimberCutterDartmoor

Next POTUS?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Next POTUS?

• Hillary Clinton
    • Donald Trump

What makes you think some of us aren't people who have recovered from the affliction of faith.

I once believed 100%, but with much research I realised what an utter crock it is, truth is its own reward :001_smile:

Faith and no faith, pointless argument really.

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What makes you think some of us aren't people who have recovered from the affliction of faith.

I once believed 100%, but with much research I realised what an utter crock it is, truth is its own reward :001_smile:

Having just watched Carol Vorderman eat a cows anus on I'm a celebrity, I am now 100% convinced there is no God..

If the muslim terrorists had no faith, they would not kill, hardly pointless IMO :001_rolleyes:

The same could be said for all the atrocities carried out in the name of different religions down through history.

There are many killers who don't have faith, but that is not the point, the point is faith and no faith! It's unwinnable.🙄🙄🙄

I can do more roll eyes if you like🙄

So explain dreams scientifically, particularly the one's in which past lover's n wives you know are dead in this reality, live on in another?

Is it just the idle subconscious mind spinning wheels, like a dog kicking about dreaming of actually catchin that Wiley rabbit?

Does what we've learned scientically today, constitute a mere fraction of what we've yet to learn?

Are we mere flawed human grubs unaware of our potential to become beautiful winged butterflies?

Who's to say the race is over, rather than just getting started?

If there's one thing an immortal entity would have an abundance of, it'd be time to burn.

Jomoco

If the muslim terrorists had no faith, they would not kill, hardly pointless IMO :001_rolleyes:

The same could be said for all the atrocities carried out in the name of different religions down through history.

Also as you pointed out, many atrocities were carried out in the "name" of religion. The bigger motivation could just have easily been power and greed, the latter two being our biggest enemies I'd suggest.

Well said, seems you travelled the same road as myself:thumbup1:

I'd suggest that even if killers do not themselves believe in the religions they claim to represent, the fact that the religion gives them an excuse is reason enough to despise it.

I'm too tired to be eloquent on the matter, but put simply, if given the option of adhering to a belief structure that is rigorously challenged on a daily basis, and based on sound and proven intellectual principles (science) or a belief structure with not one piece of even circumstantial evidence (religion), I know which one I'd chose.

A related piece of personal experience that might perhaps go some way to explain the stronger beliefs of the more religiously inclined, but as a kid I had reasonably serious epilepsy. I was lucky enough to grow out of it by the time I was 14, but I do remember some of my more serious seizures in the third person. That is to say, I remember them, quite vividly but watching myself rather than looking out. Now given that an epileptic seizure is basically a massive electrical malfunction of the brain and that it caused some top notch hallucinations, it's not a stretch to suggest that similar physical ailments have spawned all sorts of stories of the super natural through time. I just regard is as a massive and dramatic brain fart, and I'm bloody glad not to have them anymore.

I'd suggest that even if killers do not themselves believe in the religions they claim to represent, the fact that the religion gives them an excuse is reason enough to despise it.

I'm too tired to be eloquent on the matter, but put simply, if given the option of adhering to a belief structure that is rigorously challenged on a daily basis, and based on sound and proven intellectual principles (science) or a belief structure with not one piece of even circumstantial evidence (religion), I know which one I'd chose.

A related piece of personal experience that might perhaps go some way to explain the stronger beliefs of the more religiously inclined, but as a kid I had reasonably serious epilepsy. I was lucky enough to grow out of it by the time I was 14, but I do remember some of my more serious seizures in the third person. That is to say, I remember them, quite vividly but watching myself rather than looking out. Now given that an epileptic seizure is basically a massive electrical malfunction of the brain and that it caused some top notch hallucinations, it's not a stretch to suggest that similar physical ailments have spawned all sorts of stories of the super natural through time. I just regard is as a massive and dramatic brain fart, and I'm bloody glad not to have them anymore.

So if a tree hugger killed someone because they were trying to save a tree, you'd despise trees?