Gloves for climbing.

WesD

I've always used the portwest "thermogrip" gloves for climbing (and pretty much everything else) for many years. Excellent for gripping thinner climbing lines. They're cosy but still fine for summer use. There's no additional protection, but they seem to offer good abrasion resistance on rough bark. Each pair will last several jobs before the grip coating gets badly worn. Fingertips can be snipped with scissors if needed, but I find there to be ample dexterity without doing so - can tie and untie knots in climbing line no problem. They seem fine with the zigzag (actually worse with friction hitches where they can roll into the hitch). I'll get the rubber trapped in a carabiner gate a couple of times each climb, that's all. I've dropped a silky onto the back of my hand a few times - it hurts and bleeds a little bit less if I'm wearing the gloves. Best of all they're very cheap (< £1.50 / pair), so I keep spares everywhere and don't care if I lose a pair.

Welding gauntlets and a fibreglass pole for the other thing.

Arbortec xscape https://www.frjonesandson.co.uk/products-page/arbortec/chainsaw-protective-gloves-work-gloves1/arbortec-at2000-cut-protection-climbing-glove/

They have some kevlar in them so probably good against silky cuts and seem to be a lot more hard wearing than other thin gloves, but still have a lot of grip to them without feeling in the way for more delicate fingerwork!

Mechanics fastfit.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

I have a CG fasfit ones that I love for some jobs, never climb with them, guess I have to try. Otherwise I used a mechanix most comon one, "originals" model and is perfect, only problem is they wear fast and the sticking is kinda weak.

Common nitrile work goves are just the best price/durability/confort and still give nice dexterity. Also the ones with a more rubber worm textured coating have a lot of grip that, even with a tight fit, sometimes they got caught between friction hitch and rope :001_huh:. The bad side is having them for more than 1 hour, makes the hands completely soaked in sweet.