Double glazing

mikecotterill

Hi guys just wondering if anyone's had double glazing fitted recently? Just had a quote for 3.5k for four upstairs windows, obviously price varies on size etc, but its two large windows one medium and one small. Wondering how it compared

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We used Everest and they were absolute crap. Had to call them back 5 times to rectify snags and then didn't pay all the bill. They put one of the windows in without an external sill. You could see into the cavity from the outside.

As has been said, find a few local companies. Get a few recommendations and check out some of their work.

We used Everest and they were absolute crap. Had to call them back 5 times to rectify snags and then didn't pay all the bill. They put one of the windows in without an external sill. You could see into the cavity from the outside.

As has been said, find a few local companies. Get a few recommendations and check out some of their work.

Yea . Second that about Everest . The " bog off " ( safe style U.K. ) guys removed the Everest windows when they installed the new ones . The Everest ones were pants and 3 of them never sealed when they shut . The canter lever system made them pop open at the hinge side when shut and a draft came through .

Ok cheers guys, I was gonna try Everest too, I should say not bothered about paying a good price, my mottos buy cheap buy twice but at the same time its too easy to buy dear buy twice! Especially when I'm not clued up on this sort of thing. Price was actually 2900 for the four, one windows only about 1.5mx0.50m

Sounds pricey to me. I'd speak to a few local independent joiners/glazers and you should hopefully get a nice surprise

It's the same old thing though mate, never know who's good and who's not!

Filled in a safestyle form, 5 minutes later they've rang up and are coming tomos at 10 to quote us. The problem is we've accepted the other quote, so only have 7 days to cancel if needed.

Cheers guys

Local firms are'nt always better, we used a "reputable" local firm, 30 years expereince, family firm etc, billed us £3500 for a new porch 2 sides and door plus extra panel with window and new back door, theres been a howling gale through both doors and the porch since fitted gaev up after two years of trying to get them to do anything about it, thier guarantee wasnt worth the paper its written on and the independent guarantee thing thier spose to give you to cover thier work never appeared :sneaky2: