What do climber's charge.£ per hour.???

jnoon

Hi all,

Just been speaking to a tree surgeon i used to work for (asking for a bit of chipper advice), he then moved on to say the reason i dont phone you anymore josh is your too expensive!!:confused1:......

As he said he can get blokes that just want beer money and are happy to work for £10.00 per hour,

Ive been on the ground working with a saw for atleast 5/6 years and have been climbing for say 12months, im not being cocky but i would say im getting quite fast & im very safe, Im self employed & have my own van, saws, ppe & 5million pl insurance.

I charge £12.50 per hour at the moment (£100.00) per day.

And i graft for that, sometimes dont even stop for lunch,

Is this really to expensive?:thumbdown: All the other lads i subcontract for are well happy with me and give me load of work, at the end of the day ive still got rent to pay, bills the same as anybody else.!!

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats too cheap if anything mate

Well i wanted to get my name around and get a good reputation as a climber. i hope to increase my hourly rate next april, thanks for the comment though, sometimes you doubt yourself.:confused1:

To start with your pl insurance is worthless while you're freelancing so you can't add that to the equation. For £80 I'd expect a qualified groundie for nine hours or have a set amount of work to do and offer job n knock.

If he's a climber with as much experience as you and I need him to climb I'd give an extra tenner.

Using your own saws changes things a bit though, that'd be worth an extra tenner to me so yeah you're about right at a oner I reckon.

I thought most Subbys are normally on a day rate? Maybe it's regional perhaps ?

When I climb it's £125 and on the ground £100, that's me fully clad with my own p.p.e ,my full climbing kit,chainsaws and for me to meet on site .

I thought most Subbys are normally on a day rate? Maybe it's regional perhaps ?

When I climb it's £125 and on the ground £100, that's me fully clad with my own p.p.e ,my full climbing kit,chainsaws and for me to meet on site .

I would say thats spot on mate, do you use your fuel? yh day rate is £100, but i broke it down to hourly rate, thanks

Your too cheap. How can you afford fuel, saws, vehicles, replacements for those, bars, chains etc etc & still have anything more than beer money left?

As i said, ive not been climbing long so not expecting top wack, as for fuel i then to use the person who im working fors fuel, i dont want to put my day rate up any higher as i dont want to loose any more work,!!:confused1: