wheel removal as security for trailer

jose

I have a trailer which i would like to keep.

I dont use it very often and was wondering if removing the wheels + a chain and ground anchor is better than a wheel clamp and chain and ground anchor? this would be inside a garage.

The garage is in a block which is around the corner so i cant keep a close eye on it, it has no power either.

Other wise i have the trailer in my garden which is a PITA to be honest.

Just after peoples thoughts and any decent tips for trailer security.

Many thanks

Removing wheels sounds a plan but also a pita !

I used to take the wheels off my chipper and put them in my attic if I went away... With two wheel clamps a head lock and ground anchor and countless other bits of security it was still taken on a work night though.

Removing a wheel or wheels would of been a good idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I reckon you'd need to take both wheels off, I saw a tw chipper with a snapped stub axle on the side of the rd a couple of yrs ago and passed it goin the other way an hr later with a length of wood wedging it up ( you can see example of someone doin something similar on you tube )

Or you could put on removable torsion axles on: my palax processor has em n they quick to take off

I have a trailer which i would like to keep.

I dont use it very often and was wondering if removing the wheels + a chain and ground anchor is better than a wheel clamp and chain and ground anchor? this would be inside a garage.

The garage is in a block which is around the corner so i cant keep a close eye on it, it has no power either.

Other wise i have the trailer in my garden which is a PITA to be honest.

Just after peoples thoughts and any decent tips for trailer security.

Many thanks

HI JOSE can you box it in very well mate but like others have said if want it they will get it thanks jon :thumbup:

cant you store it somewhere safer >>>> peace of mind etc as it'll wear you down with worrie etc or pull the grease cap off and pull the full hub off with the wheel and wrap a carry bag round the end of the axle to keep the weather out>>>> or paint it bright pink to put them off.

i have a plant trailer/log trailer and have fitted some 4ft railings from leigh town center bright blue the trailer now looks a right heap of shite now lol but it stands out and i get lots of laughs but everyone knows its mine lol got my name n post code welded all over it too

good luck