New axe design

Paul Barton

I saw this today: Physics-exploiting axe splits wood in record time | News | Geek.com

Looks interesting although I can't really get my head around how it works:blushing:

There is slow mo somewhere on line I'll see if I can find it. I spoke to the inventor in Finland and he is selling the company. It retails for about £170 here

There is slow mo somewhere on line I'll see if I can find it. I spoke to the inventor in Finland and he is selling the company. It retails for about £170 here

Did you get to use it? Is it as easy as he makes it look in the video?

Sent from my HTC One S using Arbtalk mobile app

Have looked at the vids before. Very clever and if all I wanted to split was nice rounds of knot-free hardwood in double quick time I'd try one just for novelty value. But I get lumps of all shapes and sizes, some of which contain knots and get thrown aside to be dealt easily by means of a noisy saw thingy. Few of them fit inside a tyre and hence I lose the speed of production shown in the vids.

Good luck to the inventor because he's a better man than I for doing it but it's definitely not the tool for me.