Oh dear...travellers have arrived

leswold

If they started proving everyone wrong, left the place tidier than they found it, did good quality well priced work and paid taxes no one would have a problem with them. But they do the exact opposite and wonder why people dread seeing caravans pull up

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they started proving everyone wrong, left the place tidier than they found it, did good quality well priced work and paid taxes no one would have a problem with them. But they do the exact opposite and wonder why people dread seeing caravans pull up

They don't want to be liked. They want to be feared. So much easier to scam money out of frightened old people and intimidate residents into having low standard work done.

Unfortunately the uthorities are scared of them. They roll over pick up the pay cheque and bury their head in the sand.

Where's the Inland Revenue?? Oh yes their busy checking yours and mine tax returns. Shame their not going around the caravans asking for evidence f earnings to show how they got the money for the 50k rolling rigs they enjoy showing off.

Their a growing problem to all of us who have plant and machinery and their arrogance and swagger has increased over the years.

Come on plod - Harrass em

We had em plot up next to our cricket ground which is already a target of crime and theft and so feared the worst. But infact the opposite occurred, we have had no break ins at all. I guess its a case of not shitting on yer own doorstep, at least only literally. 10 folk on the same site, thats alot of dumps that have to go somewhere!!

We had a load nearby recently - Chelmsford Channels travellers: First look inside illegal camp that shut £1,100-a-year golf course | Essex Live

What the article didn't mention was that they had been s*****ng all over the greens as well - dirty scum bags. They have toilets in their caravans but seem to think it's ok to do this? Same on a local industrial estate as well - mate works there and when his boss asked him to clean up land next to his firm after they had left he refused - toilet paper and mess all over the place

Many traveler vans have no toilet.

They don't technically 'leave' here...

They just move about on the industrial estates - go from empty / derelict unit car park to the next.

At the cost to the tax payer (again)!!

Place I used to work for (plant hire co), I'd go about digging random trenches and holes to try and stop them pitching up..

Boss did it off his own back to the praise of other companies around the industrial estates, but the council stopped us.... :confused1:

They don't technically 'leave' here...

They just move about on the industrial estates - go from empty / derelict unit car park to the next.

At the cost to the tax payer (again)!!

Place I used to work for (plant hire co), I'd go about digging random trenches and holes to try and stop them pitching up..

Boss did it off his own back to the praise of other companies around the industrial estates, but the council stopped us.... :confused1:

I've heard of farmers that dig a trench after they've pulled up and tell them he'll fill it back in when they're all ready to leave. Apparently gets them gone pretty quick

really ,they find it unclean :laugh1:

I know, mad innit. My mate used to sell expensive caravans. LMC are about the best you can get and he said the richest travellers had theirs custom made with the sinks, kitchens and showers left out.