Any interesting new processors out there?

Woodworks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hakki Pilke 43 looks like a very good machine, anyone know the price tag?

Not out yet but looking like about £3k more than the 42 so 19k. That's from talking to the dealer but they weren't sure until later in the year.

I still slightly prefer the tajfun but the auto chain tensioning and hydraulic drive is very tempting

Edited by gdh

Just a quick thought about K600, Pezzolato and Pinosa. Saw Pezzolato and Pinosa at "Il Fuoco" in Verona" and... perfectly rounded logs- yes. Everything else a big - no. K600 Vario is around 114k EUR, Pezzolato cutting and splitting station, conveyour belt etc... entire system was 268k EUR and Pinosa came at 138k EUR.

Since logs like that are used to make boards there is no point in feeding them to proccesors like that.

Haki Pilke - for someone that doesnt mind diameter that much - ok. I dont like the chain and the feeder and the fact that you have to do sorting after cutting.

The best way for us is vertical splitters... anything above 14T will do...

Just a quick thought about K600, Pezzolato and Pinosa. Saw Pezzolato and Pinosa at "Il Fuoco" in Verona" and... perfectly rounded logs- yes. Everything else a big - no. K600 Vario is around 114k EUR, Pezzolato cutting and splitting station, conveyour belt etc... entire system was 268k EUR and Pinosa came at 138k EUR.

Since logs like that are used to make boards there is no point in feeding them to proccesors like that.

Haki Pilke - for someone that doesnt mind diameter that much - ok. I dont like the chain and the feeder and the fact that you have to do sorting after cutting.

The best way for us is vertical splitters... anything above 14T will do...

Sensible words Marko

Totally agree, the only reason some people are operating this way is cos of grants and I can't see how it's sustainable (either economically or environmentally)in the long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

One of the key aspects of grant funding is providing additional employment.

A 360 cutting say 30 cubic meters a day = 150 cube a week, needs 2 people running it, one loading and moving filled containers the other on the levers and a hell of a lot of undercover storage space that has to be paid for and may also have rates to pay on it. I cant get bags to stack any higher than 3 safely but have seen spud crates 9 high outside. Personally with quite small volumes I could not make the maths stack up especially as the grant funding only covered from memory 40% of the cost.

But I do think that a group buy under a grant scheme would probably be viable, maybe 5 or 6 small business together given that you are on good terms with your competitors which I suppose is generally unlikely.

A