B1+ E to C1+E

benedmonds

You dont have the B1 (well you do but its not what you mean here) you have B. So would have BE.

Your C1 will still be restricted to 750kg trailer.

You are better off doing your C1 & then C1E but it will cost more.

That is what I thought, but hoped that if you had BE and C1 you would get C1E 107..

At the moment I end up putting guys though the trailer test which is BE, the next step is C1 but that won't be much use as they will be able to drive the bigger truck but not tow the chipper..? It might make sense to skip the BE and just do the C1E..?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to do c1 you can jump straight to c which as has been said let's you drive any weight rigid. My guess is the price difference will be negligible and then do c+e and you or your employee can drive anything. Means even if you don't run big trucks you can hire one for a massive job.

As above, if you are spending on driver training you may as well go for the whole lot and be done with.

Bob

I suppose the only issue is that giving an employee c+e you've all but given them the gateway to hgv driving. Come the winter on the second week of climbing or dragging brash in the cold and wind whilst watching artics go past with nice warm cabs they may be more liable to switch career! But investing in someone's skill set always carries that risk I suppose.

The only way to have a C1E 107 is to have passed your test prior to 01-01-1997.

I was fortunate and did this. No theory, no rigid straight into artic.

Now there is a shortage of C+E drivers maybe it's time it came back in. I know lots of us sat on the licence driving C or like me not driving that much.

It didn't produce worse drivers and no offence to recent graduates but some now are shocking.