Ranger and Dealer woes.

PeteB

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 16 plate and new ifor on LEDs works

Surely the biggest issue with the ranger is all the bloody chimes and bleeps, i hate them to the point I'm thinking of getting shot of it

I so couldn't agree more, it chimes for everything, passenger door not locked,driver door,seatbelt,lights , you basically can't leave the key in the ignition,now the seat belt won't recoil, would take it back to the dealer but they went bust😆the other annoying thing is the plastic liner(at a cost) has 30 degree slopes at the bottom of the sides so you can't tie anything up tight to the sides, and the new plastic tie holders are crap, obviously not designed to work just look pretty,:thumbdown:

I remember watching the Eddie Stobbart series a few years ago and Mr stobbart was test driving a new Range Rover. It started bleeping when he got out as he left the keys in. "Well you can disable that for a start" he said. Salesman replied "No we cant".

"Ah well, back to BMW for an X5 then" replied Mr Stobbart.

"We'll get it sorted as soon as" replied the salesman!!!

Friend of mine was being driven crazy by beeps and chimes all the time, he spends lot of time off roads so doesn't belt up. His main dealer wouldn't listen so he took it to a local family garage hereabouts and they filled all the noise modules etc with mastic.

Not a peep from anything in there now :)

The seat belts easy you can stick a blank in, the worst is if you leave the key in the ignition it bleeps and its a loud bleep which grates like water torture, it does not stop.

If you open the door with the engine running like to open a Gate which i do several times a day it rings out a bleep and not a little polite one like in my vw, it's loud annoying and goes on to long,

The seat belt is my favourite, it chimes and then when you think it's stopped it sounds out a even more annoying one and it continues, I always wear a seatbelt but the dog sits on the passenger seat which sets it off. Sometimes the seatbelt alarms when your not moving too. Clearly this has never been tested in a work environment.

Easy to switch off seat belt alarm for each seat. If I remember correctly. Turn on ignition when light appears put belt in holder 4 times in 10 second and then wait for light to go out. Search internet you can switch off a few things.

Outside temperature light annoys me - this is the uk in winter it is always on as 4 degrees to high a level. oh and the gear change light. I know when to change gear don't need a poxy light flashing on to tell me