Anyone done helicopter tree work?

Island Lescure

Sorry, I thought the photo quality might be good enough to read, apparently not

Cheers!

Got a scanner?

Nevermind, just noticed that they are still selling them so...Not too sure of copyright issues but I imagine they have some.

P.S. if you have a subscription, you have access to the PDF versions. hint, hint.

Arb Climber Magazine - UPDATE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. If you are a subscriber and have changed emails in the past year or two can you let us know: [email protected] Just type your full name in the subject line and hit 'send' . We can then check and upda

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's bloody blue! You've got a barge as well!!??!!

This would look good in blue!

Sea King, MK 4 Helicopter, #77744 - MOD Sales, Military Vehicles & Used Ex MOD Land Rovers for Sale

Never expected s a kings to be so cheap. How much are the engines though? Not much use without them.

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

I've done it with RAF Chinook training squadron who were happy to help, as it was a bit of training (& a jolly).

Anyway, there are various issues that will arise but they're relatively easy to work around: fuelling, emergency landing site, coordination with all local emergency services etc.

H&S could be your biggest hurdle depending on location. Mine was right in the middle of a town!

Upshot of it is though, it's an extremely fast and cost efficient (maybe safer!) way to remove the tree.

Edited by Old Mill Tree Care

I have priced two helicopter jobs. Both jobs were changed by the client as the cost was too hi. Apparently the important ground they were trying to save was not that important! There are 3 or 4 companies operating in the uk and all are similar priced. Allow £1200 per hour plus transportation (flying) to the possition of work. They also need a landing pad for breaks/ fuel/ set down at end of day and the distance to this is also chargeable. On the one job I quoted, the landing place was so far from the worksite that with transportation to site and pilot accommodation ( they won't stay in a B and B) it was around £15000 per day

Choppers are damn expensive, and have a large variety of lifting capacities. Some will tell you "we can lift up to x" when X is there last load and they have near empty fuel tanks. Add a few hundred kilos of fuel and figure that to be its normal working lift.

They do burn fuel at close to 100L an hour for something lifting about 800kgs, so those bigger lifts come up quite quick.

We even use em for stumps!

[ame]

[/ame]

iTs oN tHe bArGe lIst egG:001_tt2:

bOd

Hairy muff. A mate of mine is resurfacing hundreds of miles of towpath around the Midlands, all their materials are fetched in by boat. T'was going well until one of his lads got a little to close to the edge in the dumper last week........

If u find the heli route too expensive and the tractor job is not feasable might be easier with a skyline setup even if just used in a high lead type system. T

he extra hieght and power of a skyline might make the difference and if set up as a high lead system saves u walking up and down the slope with the winch cable after each turn