SRT: Since when?

Whenever I started the rope wrench thread. I'd been reading a doing the low and slow technique a little bit before, but this was when I was really starting to get into it.

For sure there will be tonnes of uk climbers not online doing it day in day out. Well before a lot of us on here like myself that need guidance and advice as new redirects are invented.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you come up with any names for the redirects or systems Ian?

Craig Johnson (judge off here) came up with the first retrievable redirect. Then the imp.

Me, only really some early on terminology and only that because I wrote an article for essential arb and I realised there wasn't anything. I think the only one in common use is SRTWP the others have been left behind as the wording and systems evolved.

I could be the first person who used the rope wrench jock jack combo. Dan followed a few months later. Then we both did the drop tests (crudely) at dans about a year later.

Edited by Ian Flatters

Craig Johnson (judge off here) came up with the first retrievable redirect. Then the imp.

Me, only really some early on terminology and only that because I wrote an article for essential arb and I realised there wasn't anything. I think the only one in common use is SRTWP the others have been left behind as the wording and systems evolved.

I could be the first person who used the rope wrench jock jack combo. Dan followed a few months later. Then we both did the drop tests (crudely) at dans about a year later.

Oh ok,its just that I stumbled upon a article you wrote where you called yourself "one of the fathers of srt in europe".

I just wondered how far back you began its development.

Oh ok,its just that I stumbled upon a article you wrote where you called yourself "one of the fathers of srt in europe".

I just wondered how far back you began its development.

I think it was in the year of1402 if my memory serves me correctly. Just after I invented the toothpick.