95txl

BishBashBosh

Being new to the .325NK world I ordered a couple of spare chains (95VPX) to go with my new Echo-390. However. VPX is being discontinued and having no stock the supplier sent me Oregon's new 95TXL.

I've only used the original supplied chain, (packaged as 95VPX, but without Oregon's traditional drive link oil holes).

So who's used the newer chain and what are your impressions?

There's a few differences between the two.

- VPX is listed as low kickback, TXL isn't although it has bumper drive links,

-The oil holes of old have been replaced by a series of stamped lines, with the chain type stamped here too,

- the cutters are slightly longer,

-Sharpening angle increases from 30 to 35 degrees,

-Out of the box TXL has a slight radius to the top plate leading edge,

-The gullet is a little deeper

-Oregon logo is now laser etched on to the cutter

And probably a load of others that I've missed. Here's some photos for you to spot any others

_DSC7937.jpg.d575c46622e9ba83cc4fad01795c9dc1.jpg

_DSC7931.jpg.8aa5f39d67ef62469fb35015771776da.jpg

_DSC7934.jpg.2faa04b007979cbed42d318d9913ebbe.jpg

_DSC7928.jpg.18c2e3e1098f1a416911723d0a6c014a.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting reels in this week - it is supposed to be 15% faster than any other chain in .325 out there :) but not tried it yet.

It looks very nice and is different from all other Oregon chain...

Nice to see a new chain from Oregon.

I'm getting reels in this week - it is supposed to be 15% faster than any other chain in .325 out there :) but not tried it yet.

Even a full chisel? :biggrin:

Let me know Rob when you have some rolls in :thumbup::thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

Used the 95 txl yesterday and really really impressed , it throws big chips and cuts real fast , my pal had a huge grin on his face on first cuts , was fitted to a totally stock and well used 357 xp with a new sugi bar from Rob D , after a whole tank used it still was real good , kept its edge like new , although we took down a couple of busted trees and blocked up some windblown spruce it was softwood and clean so.. but comparing it to the previous bar and husqvarna chain there was a significant difference , we have always used full chisel chains so thought we give it a go and so far so good , we do block up some dirty stuff sometimes so just use tired chains tidied up so we dont ruin good ones , but will see how these get on in future

Very impressed so far :thumbup1:

Even a full chisel? :biggrin:

A (full) chisel .325 NK chain would have been welcome, but neither the 95TXL or the new Swedish made Husky SP33 delivers that.

Both replaces the 95VPX/H30, and obviously isn't the same chain.

The attached pictures are from a Swedish chainsaw forum.

597671d35c7ce_95TXLvsSP331.jpg.d7c3e4ed050c21f48f25fe46a3a3c459.jpg

597671d35e805_95TXLvsSP332.jpg.c377231f740c35fefe837e47eb3e7c19.jpg

Had a chat with the Oregon rep at the APF. From what I could make out the steel is much the same as before. The 15% improvement comes from it being sharper out the box due to improved grinding in the factory but after the first sharpen the quality of cut is down to the sharpeners skill with a file. Did I get the wrong end of the stick? He thought these were aimed at farmers and home owners who cant keep a full chisel spot on.

• 10 months later...