Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

My point was I think you might find that your views are not polar opposite as you might think if all parties stopped beating their left/ right drum. 

I want the truth, even if I'm wrong. 

Yes well that’s why we argue on forums, it’s a pointless exercise really!
Gives us something to do though eh?
But changes nothing!

Purely a chest beating platform with little meaning whatsoever.
But fun nonetheless.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Khriss said:

I remember these 'good old days ' an they were not great at all . Now I enjoy the wider food , music , theater and cultural differences these ' immigrants ' have brought over - this is never mentioned by certain ' politicians ' but I bet they would be the first to bleat over no 24 hr garages , no hospital cleaners and getting a 6month wait n yr extension being built ! K

OK pluses of immigration:

1. Different music, theater and cultural differences.

2. 24 hour garages

3. Hospital cleaners

4. Housing extensions

Some minuses of immigration:

1. Murder rate in London going through roof due to black violence.

2. Housing crisis as not enough houses for everyone.

3. Building on greenbelt to try and house everyone.

4. Increased congestion on roads.

5. Terrorism and Rotherham.

6. Pressure on public services like NHS.

OK, everyone has a different viewpoint. However it honestly seems like the minuses of immigration are bigger than the pluses.... All the while 99% of politicians bleat on at how good immigration is for the UK.... Some people here might like getting lied to by politicians but I hate being treated like a mug....

4 minutes ago, matelot said:

2. 24 hour garages

3. Hospital cleaners

4. Housing extensions

OK, everyone has a different viewpoint. However it honestly seems like the minuses of immigration are bigger than the pluses.... All the while 99% of politicians bleat on at how good immigration is for the UK.... Some people here might like getting lied to by politicians but I hate being treated like a mug....

There is a factor you never take into account, the positive effects of immigration on the migrant.

I appreciate you're probably not at all interested in this but some of us like the fact that we can offer other human beings a chance of making their lives better. Very few people were lucky enough to be born into a country like the UK where life is a comparative doddle.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

The daft thing about bigoted prats like matelot is their obvious, blatant racism makes normal, fair minded people reluctant to sanction even sensible measures to control immigration.

I'm sure the islamic terrorists and illegal immigrants consider matelot and his type as "useful idiots".

Why is it wrong to be "racist"? Any fool can see some races/ cultures are better than others..... If you think all races/ cultures are the same why not take a holiday to somewhere like Somalia or Afghanistan? The crazy thing is we'd all agree that you'd have to be literally suicidal to go to Afghanistan for a holiday. Yet we act all surprised when we import Afghan culture (immigrants) into the UK and suffer terrorism....

With respect Skyhuck. You seem the type of guy that believed in Santa until he was 15. Most of here can see that politicians have been lying to us with their "immigration is good" message.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the village idiot said:

There is a factor you never take into account, the positive effects of immigration on the migrant.

I appreciate you're probably not at all interested in this but some of us like the fact that we can offer other human beings a chance of making their lives better. Very few people were lucky enough to be born into a country like the UK where life is a comparative doddle.

You think many Europeans are willing to sacrifice their quality of life so that immigrants can improve their quality of life?

2. 24 hour garages
3. Hospital cleaners
4. Housing extensions

Haha, as biased as you are, you managed only 2 more negs than pos[emoji2], you’re shite at bias matelotofshite.

3 minutes ago, matelot said:

You think many Europeans are willing to sacrifice their quality of life so that immigrants can improve their quality of life?

Probably not all that many no, but I do suspect that making sacrifices to help others would provide more personal happiness and wellbeing than having a bit of extra luxury would.

If this became widespread knowledge then everyone would be truly better off.

• Like 3

Why is it wrong to be "racist"? Any fool can see some races/ cultures are better than others..... If you think all races/ cultures are the same why not take a holiday to somewhere like Somalia or Afghanistan? The crazy thing is we'd all agree that you'd have to be literally suicidal to go to Afghanistan for a holiday. Yet we act all surprised when we import Afghan culture (immigrants) into the UK and suffer terrorism....

With respect Skyhuck. You seem the type of guy that believed in Santa until he was 15. Most of here can see that politicians have been lying to us with their "immigration is good" message.

Everybody in Afghanistan is a murdering thieving nutter? Oh, didn’t realise that! Thanks for the heads up[emoji106]

9 minutes ago, Mull said:

Everybody in Afghanistan is a murdering thieving nutter? Oh, didn’t realise that! Thanks for the heads upemoji106.png

Well obviously not.... However the fact remains that if you went to Afghanistan for a holiday you'd get killed....