Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Well, I don't know, its hard to engender any sympathy for a group of people who pay homage to a god who told his chosen people to murder ever man woman and child in Canaan...  

Its like, well, if you're into that sort of thing how would you want it to happen to you..  or, now you know how the people of Canaan must of felt..  what goes around comes around...

Remember, what they accuse Hitler of doing, they give praise and pay homage to a god who did to the Canaanites what Hitler attempted to do to them.. they have no right to complain in that regards.. and neither do I have any sympathy for much the same reason..

If you really studied scripture, I mean really studied it, and I’m not talking about the university of YouTube or Wikipedia. You would know that the Canaanites were a race of demon worshipers who sacrificed their children to these ‘deities’. Child sacrifice was ingrained in their culture and God, quite understandably didn’t want that kind of depravity influencing his already troublesome people.
The Bible isn’t meant to be a manual for social reform. A lot of the accounts in there serve as warnings to us.
Besides, I don’t get your logic? I thought you held mass murderers who have impacted history in high regard?
If that is how you see God in the Bible I thought you would be well impressed..
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, TIMON said:

If you really studied scripture, I mean really studied it, and I’m not talking about the university of YouTube or Wikipedia. You would know that the Canaanites were a race of demon worshipers who sacrificed their children to these ‘deities’. Child sacrifice was ingrained in their culture and God, quite understandably didn’t want that kind of depravity influencing his already troublesome people.
The Bible isn’t meant to be a manual for social reform. A lot of the accounts in there serve as warnings to us.
Besides, I don’t get your logic? I thought you held mass murderers who have impacted history in high regard?
If that is how you see God in the Bible I thought you would be well impressed..

Well Moses is up there as far as great men are concerned, have him down as something like Hitler to be honest..  someone who can motivate a whole population by the power of his will and words..

Not that I believe Moses ever existed, as I don't believe there was ever a genocide of Canaanites..

But if your gonna believe Moses did live, and that God committed genocide against the Canaanites and after that thinking it only right to pay some kind of homage to such a murdering creature, then you can't expect me to take any grievence seriously 

if in turn you get to suffer the injustice you celibate if that injustice is committed on you..

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

So you’re trying to justify Hitler and the murder of Jews, Poles, Gypsies, the disabled, POWs and everyone else? The largest mass genocide in modern history? 

And all because of ancient ‘alleged’ history? You’re sick and really need professional help.

No, just the jews..  although to be honest my point is a bit more nuanced. Most Jews are Jewish through tradition, they don't take the bible seriously.. now those I do have sympathy for.

But the ones who take their religion serious and believe every word in the bible, well they can't complain if genocide happens to them when they're only to grateful god murdered thousands on their behalf.  and they pray to the murderer as well...  talk about sick..

Well Moses is up there as far as great men are concerned, have him down as something like Hitler to be honest..  someone who can motivate a whole population by the power of his will and words..

Not that I believe Moses ever existed, as I don't believe there was ever a genocide of Canaanites..

But if your gonna believe Moses did live, and that God committed genocide against the Canaanites and after that thinking it only right to pay some kind of homage to such a murdering creature, then you can't expect me to take any grievence seriously 
if in turn you get to suffer the injustice you celibate if that injustice is committed on you..

I’m sorry Vesp, you really don’t have an adequate understanding of the subject matter to put forward these arguments and objections. It seems to me that you’re merely regurgitating what you’ve heard other people say.
Why don’t don’t you go and read the book in its entirety, meditate on it and then come back?
If someone tried to do a book review without actually reading it, how much credibility would that review have?
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TIMON said:

I’m sorry Vesp, you really don’t have an adequate understanding of the subject matter to put forward these arguments and objections. It seems to me that you’re merely regurgitating what you’ve heard other people say.
Why don’t don’t you go and read the book in its entirety, meditate on it and then come back?
If someone tried to do a book review without actually reading it, how much credibility would that review have?

I'm sure by now you must know I research my subject to death, I leave no stone unturned. Oh and I'm not regurgitating things, I draw my own conclusions on these things..

I'm sure by now you must know I research my subject to death, I leave no stone unturned. Oh and I'm not regurgitating things, I draw my own conclusions on these things..

YouTube isn’t the best place to go to theological college . It looks like you’ve been short changed.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

No, just the jews..  although to be honest my point is a bit more nuanced. Most Jews are Jewish through tradition, they don't take the bible seriously.. now those I do have sympathy for.

But the ones who take their religion serious and believe every word in the bible, well they can't complain if genocide happens to them when they're only to grateful god murdered thousands on their behalf.  and they pray to the murderer as well...  talk about sick..

So you have an admiration for Hitler, after all the Jews in your opinion just got there just deserts. How do feel about everyone else? What had the gypsies, the Polish and the disabled done?  

How does YouTube justify that? 

If if I break my leg next week, if you had you way should I be gassed? Or only if I’m permanently disabled? 

God (anyone’s God) help us if anyone of your mindset and ilk ever gets to hold the reins of power again.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TIMON said:

YouTube isn’t the best place to go to theological college . It looks like you’ve been short changed.

I didn't use Utube for my research when utube didn't exist.  I read books.  Utube condenses arguments, instead of days researching a subject, it might now take minutes..

Given my previous knowledge on the subject, I can sift out the BS pretty easy when I see it...   if someone has a new way of understand biblical history I'm able to tell if they have a good point or good argument..

what might take you months of pondering on stories in the bible, I can decipher in hrs..   

• Haha 5