Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

58 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

A bit conflicted on this, these idiots shouldn't of put flowers there in my opinion..  then again its not on to just rip em, down..

Why not? Laying a floral tribute at the door of the house that he died in is an insult to the house-owner. He didn't die there in an accident or through no fault of his own, he died there while in the middle of an armed robbery. 

Edit: The police should be removing them, the floral tributes, as their presence and the people putting them there is provocative - as has already been shown apparently.

Edited by Gary Prentice
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Gary Prentice said:

Why not? Laying a floral tribute at the door of the house that he died in is an insult to the house-owner. He didn't die there in an accident or through no fault of his own, he died there while in the middle of an armed robbery. 

Edit: The police should be removing them, the floral tributes, as their presence and the people putting them there is provocative - as has already been shown apparently.

Well its all gone a bit pear shaped in it, apparently the dead fellas family have taken over the street according to the latest installment on google news.

Just like me I expect a lot of em to be conflicted as well, but just like me they will draw the line at the desecration of a shrine to a fella, no matter what he's done..

lets have it right as well, the fella killed was a thief and general scumbag, but from what I know he's never killed no one.  anyone would think it was him thats killed a pensioner..

A sense of proportion is called for..   

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Profoundly provocative. I would say it's rare for an armed burglar not to fit a certain unpleasant typecast. I'm sure there are arrant people who just get desperate, but generally speaking.. That typecast will have a certain typecast of associates and those ***ks have no ****ing place being any where near his house. 

The type of coverage this has gotten it would, in anyone's eyes, have been prudent to have an officer at the premises over this week. It's easy to play god in retrospect I know, but our police force is fast becoming a joke beyond any defence.

Edited by forestboy1978
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

Well its all gone a bit pear shaped in it, apparently the dead fellas family have taken over the street according to the latest installment on google news.

Just like me I expect a lot of em to be conflicted as well, but just like me they will draw the line at the desecration of a shrine to a fella, no matter what he's done..

lets have it right as well, the fella killed was a thief and general scumbag, but from what I know he's never killed no one.  anyone would think it was him thats killed a pensioner..

A sense of proportion is called for..   

If you think it's appropriate for the associates/ family/ whatever of an armed robber to lay a reef at the home of the victim of armed robbery for the person who committed that robbery and died then your logic is ******d.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, forestboy1978 said:

If you think it's appropriate for the associates/ family/ whatever of an armed robber to lay a reef at the home of the victim of armed robbery for the person who committed that robbery and died then your logic is ******d.

No I don't think it appropriate, but neither is destroying flowers laid in his memory by some of his friends and family.

The fella has been killed, let em mourn the fella in peace in whatever way they see fit, even if it don't seem right its the least we should let em do..

Just now, Vespasian said:

No I don't think it appropriate, but neither is destroying flowers laid in his memory by some of his friends and family.

The fella has been killed, let em mourn the fella in peace in whatever way they see fit, even if it don't seem right its the least we should let em do..

They can mourn at home or in church ffs... don't be ridiculous!

• Like 2

Someone wants to place flowers at the scene, where an armed burglary went wrong resulting in the death of the blagger and it happens to be the house of the person being robbed.....

Yeah, I'd have no problem with that......

So long as the people laying the flowers had no problem with the victim of the burglary taking a massive ????in their front room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vespasian said:

No . They are already doing it " in whatever way they see fit " Its bollox . They have no right to do it in that way .  They should step back and have a look at what the clunt was doing .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 1