Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 minutes ago, TIMON said:

And people’s behaviour as a result has significantly improved?

Yes, dramatically.

This is the importance of science and research. It shows us what is actually happening, rather than what we believe is happening, and helps us to continually make better decisions as societies.

Please, please read ' The better angels of our nature' by Steven Pinker.

8 minutes ago, TIMON said:

but the basic problems with human nature remain completely unchanged.

This is just simply untrue. We still have a long way to go, but we really are getting better.

5 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I think you warmed to me because you know what I say is correct....

Don't be silly and post your mater baker image again. It really does make you look silly.

You forced me into this! 

You're more of a master baker than this guy off the telly!

image.jpg

3 minutes ago, TIMON said:

You’ll be pleased to know you’re not the first person to use the Beatles as a kind of moral influence.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.newsweek.com/how-beatles-inspired-charles-manson-commit-his-1969-murders-716938%3famp=1

9_9

Charles Manson was a total fruitcake. His muse could just have easily been Noddy and Big Ears.

This is just simply untrue. We still have a long way to go, but we really are getting better.

No,no, no! VI,

The 20th C was by far the bloodiest century of all. Fact.

The most brutally repressive regimes recently in the world have tended to be the atheist ones. N.Korea, Russia. China, Cambodia. FACT.

A strange result from “scientific reason and enlightenment” wouldn’t you say?

6 minutes ago, TIMON said:

No,no, no! VI,

The 20th C was by far the bloodiest century of all. Fact.

This has to be viewed in the context of total world population at the time. Previous centuries have been far more bloody when you consider the proportion of the world's population killed in any given century.

9 minutes ago, TIMON said:

The most brutally repressive regimes recently in the world have tended to be the atheist ones. N.Korea, Russia. China, Cambodia. FACT.

We have been over this a mind numbing number of times already.

2 minutes ago, TIMON said:

No,no, no! VI,

1. The 20th C was by far the bloodiest century of all. Fact.

2. The most brutally repressive regimes recently in the world have tended to be the atheist ones. N.Korea, Russia. China, Cambodia. FACT.

1. More people died, but hardly surprising as many more people were alive!  The proportion of people killed through violence is going down decade by decade. I think you need to justify that statement.

2. ISIS, the Taliban, the LRA - a few counterexamples of fanatically religious regimes even more brutal than those you chose.  Also, for NK and Cambodia (Khmer Rouge?) - these are hardly candidates for enlightenment governance: more like cultish religions. 

I also use duck duck go. I use it because I don't trust google. They are hard left wing, they censor free speech and the have an absolutely monopoly on how information is sourced, presented or hidden. 

Even if google were more centrist, as I am, I would still avoid using them as it seems logical to me that information should be provided, streamed, whatever you want to call it, by a huge diversity of players. 

And no I'm not into anything perverted. I can't stand sexual perverts of any description. They make me sick. 

Sexual perversions wasn’t what I was thinking Matelot was using it for if I’m honest his views on that seem clear enough from his posts! More the hard right websites that will no doubt be being monitored by the police/government type people?
Just a thought