Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 minute ago, Stere said:

I think the native amercains would agree with you  they were happier before Columbus turned & up hordes of europeans came  & messed up everything for them.

However immigration has always happened & probably always will, but funny how white immigrants are ok but not other ones, who don't look like natives.

So  are poles ok  but not syrians or were the catholic irish ok? or how about the  protestant scots in northern ireland send them home? Is there a sliding scale, or are only anglo saxon immigrants to OK? (They aren't  for some locals here in Wales).

Its this kind of thinking is why people are being masscared in Burma atm.

Difficult to disagree with you!  You seem to be affirming all the points I presented on the difficulties of cultural re-location....? (whilst attempting to present a racist slant which actually highlights YOUR lack of understanding....) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Difficult to disagree with you!  You seem to be affirming all the points I presented on the difficulties of cultural re-location....? (whilst attempting to present a racist slant which actually highlights YOUR lack of understanding....) 

You'll appreciate this Kevin: 

image.thumb.jpeg.0eee0aa260e66d1626fba30cfb6d5113.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stere said:

However immigration has always happened & probably always will, but funny how white immigrants are ok but not other ones, who don't look like natives.

What type of immigration are you talking about? When the Romans migrated to the UK and sent the ancient Brits to fight lions in the Colliseum? When the Vikings migrated to the UK and slaughtered the locals? Immigration historically hasn't been that good for native people....

This has to be the first time in history that people from failed cultures have been allowed to move to succesful countries and been given free money and houses... All at the same time that services for indigenous Brits are being cut due to austerity. 

I think ALL immigration should be reduced. However given the choice I'd rather we have white East Europeans than brown people... Nothing wrong with that either, Poles etc have a largely similar culture to us and don't have a tendency to drive trucks into crowds....

Your views are going the same way as the dinosaurs. Either get some new arguments (calling people "racist" is sooooo last decade) or accept that political correctness has had its day...

• Like 1

There is no solution to be found in the uncontrolled re-locating of historically, culturally and religiously incompatible peoples from one region - with unique geography, climate, socio-economic, cultural, spiritual blah, blah, blah.... into another which is so far removed from the known norm as to be akin to dropping them on the moon.

I think the native amercains would agree with you  they were happier before Columbus turned & up hordes of europeans came  & messed up everything for them.

So  are poles ok  but not syrians or were the catholic irish ok? or how about the  protestant scots in northern ireland send them home? Is there a sliding scale, or are only anglo saxon immigrants to OK? (They aren't  for some locals here in Wales).

Its this kind of thinking is why people are being masscared in Burma atm.

The big difference here is that the Poles and Irish came and genuinely contributed to society and the economy. (Cultural enrichment if you like). They weren’t perfect and, yes they brought issues with them but they were issues that we as a society were able to absorb. They didn’t come and refuse to integrate or create no go enclaves, preach hatred towards their hosts or import smack on an industrial scale in order to deliberately damage society so that they could replace our culture and legal system with their own.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, matelot said:

A picture can tell a thousand words. 

What do the do gooders in this thread think of this one? It's taken on a French beach in the recent "temporary" state of emergency. Does anyone here really want to live in a society where children building sand castles need to be protected by the army?

I wish everyone (who wants it) could live in a nice safe prosperous european country if they wished. However it's become evident that allowing third world people into Europe is making Europe a more dangerous place to live. It's time to build a massive wall around Europe to keep them out. 

image.jpg

It's from the Sun! There is a good chance those soldiers have been photoshoped, probability the bucket and spade too, maybe the child and the sand. I bet it was originally just a picture of some sun hats next to a bush.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

It's from the Sun! There is a good chance those soldiers have been photoshoped, probability the bucket and spade too, maybe the child and the sand. I bet it was originally just a picture of some sun hats next to a bush.

It's well known that France had a "temporary" state of emergency for two years. Why would the Sun need to photoshop an image showing French soldiers on a beach? Here's a photo of a French soldier in front of the Eiffel Tower. I think many people would accept the photo as evidence that multiculturalism has failed. 

Anyway, you have a good day baking!

image.jpg

image.jpg

28 minutes ago, scotspine1 said:

You'll appreciate this Kevin: 

image.thumb.jpeg.0eee0aa260e66d1626fba30cfb6d5113.jpeg

Muggeridge was a ridiculously out of touch sex pest who found God, converted to Catholicism and became obsessed with broadcasting the evils of birth control, the Life of Brian and The Beatles.

You may consider him a radical and insightful thinker but I personally have my doubts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stere said:

(1) I think the native amercains would agree with you  they were happier before Columbus turned & up hordes of europeans came  & messed up everything for them.

However immigration has always happened & probably always will, (2) but funny how white immigrants are ok but not other ones, who don't look like natives.

(3) So  are poles ok  but not syrians or were the catholic irish ok? or how about the  protestant scots in northern ireland send them home? (4) Is there a sliding scale, or are only anglo saxon immigrants to OK? (They aren't  for some locals here in Wales).

(5) Its this kind of thinking is why people are being masscared in Burma atm.

(1) And I with them, but let's try and focus on that which we might be able to influence in the future rather than that which (despite some efforts) is indelibly etched into history.

(2) It's YOUR assumption that it's a black/white issue (to use a rather clumsy and no doubt inappropriate turn of phrase.)  You have sought to make it a black/white issue for reasons best known only to yourself.  As illustrated at (1) my unease with cultural divergency is equal to all races - not just the white Anglo Saxon.  Perhaps a better example than the one you chose of Native American disadvantage from dominant racial oppression would be that of the Moriori who were EATEN by the Maori and yet it is from within elements of the Maori race that we hear most vocal claims of racial oppression from later white Anglo Saxon incomers....  I love the irony in that one at least they weren't eaten!  So you see, I don't suffer from the binary prejudice that you seem to be suggesting.  On the contrary, I think YOU do.

(3) There are kind of 3 questions there that might best be addressed with a single answer - the further diverged the 2 (or more) cultures that are brought together, the greater the potential for friction.  I've said before, a re-united Ireland seems an entirely sensible prospect to me (but I heavily caveat that with the note, and the greatest of respect, that I am not of a group that has particularly strong feelings on the matter whilst recognising that others do.)

(4) See (3)

(5) Turn your telescope around......

:thumbup1:

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe

Muggeridge was a ridiculously out of touch sex pest who found God, converted to Catholicism and became obsessed with broadcasting the evils of birth control, the Life of Brian and The Beatles.

You may consider him a radical and insightful thinker but I personally have my doubts.

So you regard the Beatles are some kind of moral reference point then?

(Said whilst in the process of replying to a lengthy email!)