Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I agree that political correctness is well and truelly out of hand.  I think it's always important to understand the intent behind what is being said.

Absolutely! The delivery and intent are more telling than the words themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When it comes to abortion, I think it’s wrong full stop..
However, in cases of rape etc.. I think there should be some kind of flexibility.
The thing I find obscene is that organizations like Planned Parenthood use the ‘rape card’ to justify making $$$$$billions by murdering unborn babies (people) on an industrial scale. They have a very sinister past when it comes to stuff like eugenics as well.
How many abortions are actually performed because of rape I wonder?
More like inconvenience in most cases.

2 minutes ago, TIMON said:

However, in cases of rape etc.. I think there should be some kind of flexibility.
The thing I find obscene is that organizations like Planned Parenthood use the ‘rape card’ to justify making $$$$$billions by murdering unborn babies (people) on an industrial scale. They have a very sinister past when it comes to stuff like eugenics as well.

I reckon that people should have the right to choose what they want.  Each to their own on that one.

It's hypocrytical that Mogg profits from shares in a firm that manufactures abortion pills, when he readily espouses his stance on abortion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WesD said:

Are you discriminating against disabled people with leprosy by labelling them Lepers?

Honestly, I think lepers have more to worry about than being called lepers.... It's a horrific disease where people lose their fingers/ hands/ feet/ facial features. You think lepers are sitting in Delhi at this minute thinking "I wish rich westerners would stop calling up lepers"?

11 minutes ago, matelot said:

Honestly, I think lepers have more to worry about than being called lepers.... It's a horrific disease where people lose their fingers/ hands/ feet/ facial features. You think lepers are sitting in Delhi at this minute thinking "I wish rich westerners would stop calling up lepers"?

Oh well that’s ok then carry discriminating! It’s ok they’ll never know they have other things to worry about. 

Rich westerners, I can’t speak for you as you have worked where the money is taking from poorer economies before coming home with your spoils where as I am anything but rich ;)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, matelot said:

30 minutes ago, TIMON said:

What about a girl/woman that gets pregnant accidentally and doesn't want or isn't in a situation to have a baby? 

Edited by breffni

Abortion?

Is it;

(i) 2 lives destroyed instead of 1, by scarificing the unknowing unborn(and the age at which this happens is the crucial issue)

or

(ii) merely facilitating some female too lazy to use freely freely available contraception(and in this case complusory sterlization is justified imho)

When younger I would have been more likely to support the right to abortion, and knew a few, very few,  decent background girls who quietly slipped away to England for a few days, then got on with their lives.

Which, on balance, was probably the better option, for both them and society as a whole.

Now at 60 odd, less approving of freely available abortion, especially when viewed as late stage contraception.

mth