Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

The video is shocking and upsetting.

But am I in a position to judge?

Have I ever had friends or coworkers killed by some one with a concealed gun? No.

The guy does look to reach back for something. I guess the cop was sh1t scared he was going to die. Did he over reached? probably, but maybe many of us would have in the same situation. I'm just very glad its not a situation I will ever find myself in.

21 minutes ago, john p said:

That copper was a total arsehole

Not wrong about that, police officers are supposed to calm the situation down, not inflame it..  this bozo did exactly that. wound himself up to such a pitch he couldn't make a rational judgement..

Which reminds me, doin gardens I find the odd thing here an there, I found a gun once, got my friend to polish it up, (he does fk all but go on about his guns an torches) and see if it was real or not.. turned out its been disarmed with a ballbearing stuck down the barrel...   asked when I wanted it back!!!, you fkin what I said...

I'll have police marksmen outside the door within the week with all these kids round here I says.. I can't stand cheeky kids..

anyways, next time he asks if I want it back I'll be doubly sure to tell him to do one...

2 minutes ago, skyhuck said:

The video is shocking and upsetting.

But am I in a position to judge?

Have I ever had friends or coworkers killed by some one with a concealed gun? No.

The guy does look to reach back for something. I guess the cop was sh1t scared he was going to die. Did he over reached? probably, but maybe many of us would have in the same situation. I'm just very glad its not a situation I will ever find myself in.

there was what looked like a handbag on the floor, as the fella got to it it looked like he flung it out the way..   thats why the cop shot him..

still no excuse, it wasp plain as day the couple weren't a threat..

2 hours ago, Vespasian said:

the poor fella..  

Context?

What if there were a dozen spatchcocked spaniel puppies (or worse) in the hotel room?

If we knew the context we could (possibly) 'feel' quite differently about the scenario we have been presented with.

It's most out of character for you to make a snap judgement O.o 

29 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Context?

What if there were a dozen spatchcocked spaniel puppies (or worse) in the hotel room?

If we knew the context we could (possibly) 'feel' quite differently about the scenario we have been presented with.

It's most out of character for you to make a snap judgement O.o 

what context?.. a cop got himself worked up, panicked and ended up shooting a man.. the fact that he gave the fella clear orders to do as he was told saved said police officer from being charged with manslaughter...  sometimes its as simple as it looks..

just to be sure, I've already searched online for context.  was there a terrorist incident in the days leading to this mans death,  leading to an enhanced sense of danger for police officers investigating gun related incidents at the time..

Then theres the police training video's..   they have one in america that shows a routine traffic stop, during which the driver of a car gets out the car and unexpectedly slashes at the throat of the officer at the scene..  its much quicker to lunge for a man, than to pull your gun and get a shot in...

So officer training is part of the context...  

At the end of the day, it was a police officer working himself up, simple as that...   not fit for purpose, he will be put on traffic duty until he resigns..

Seemingly there had been reports of a gun getting waved out the hotel window.

The guy looked like he instinctively pulled up his trousers up as they were falling down after crawling along the floor. Even if he had a gun in his waistband I can't see how he could have pulled it out, taken the safety off, aimed it and fired at the two officers who had AR15s pointed at him.

An awful situation but then I live in a different world from them so my perspective is no doubt quite different. Im sure plenty of other times cops and hostages have been shot due to not reacting quickly enough, I also think if someone pointed an automatic weapon at me I would do exactly what they said which unfortunately that guy didnt so can you really blame the copper for shooting him? I think the way the video looks ie it seems like the guy talking is the shooter which makes it look worse than it was. I think the fact that they walked over him shows there was a far bigger situation going on.

I wouldn't want to be a cop here or in the US, respect to them all, except the bent ones, obviously.

• Like 2

On 07/12/2017 at 13:11, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Don't get off that horse!  

That's exactly what the snowflakes want...  There have been years (decades) of using the "racism" label to subdue genuine, intelligent discussion of the cultural diversity issue.  And there IS an issue - people are starting to realise it now and to dismiss the tired, bully-boy, lefty, snowflake so called racism label to subdue it.

I agree.

Its just that there are also a lot of racists jumping on that bandwagon. People who have a genuine concern about immigration should make sure that they dont get caught up with those who's only concern is immigration as it doesn't help their argument.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

I agree.

Its just that there are also a lot of racists jumping on that bandwagon. People who have a genuine concern about immigration should make sure that they dont get caught up with those who's only concern is immigration as it doesn't help their argument.

Or maybe we should just admit the "racists" have substantially been right?

The likes of Rotherham wouldn't have happened if people like you hadn't hysterically cried "racist" whenever someone mentioned grooming. That's maybe something you should reflect upon?