Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

10 hours ago, Mesterh said:

I don't call people who are concerned with immigration racists, I call people who use every excuse under the sun to point the finger at foreigners racist scrum.

However the fact is that "foreigners" are the root cause of a lot of problems in the UK/ Europe. The biggest problems (Imho) facing the UK are terrorism and austerity. There wouldn't be islamic terrorism in the UK if we hadnt invited Muslims in.... "foreigners" generally do low paid work and are a drain to the taxpayer. Are you really happy that the Government cuts back services to Brits so that "foreigners" can get benefits and free houses?

The you look at stuff like road congestion and building on green belt land. All things made worse by "foreigners".

If "foreigners" we're making a great contribution to the UK no one would complain about them. However they don't make much of a contribution....

1 hour ago, Haironyourchest said:

Catalan referendum vote, reports of police firing rubber bullets at citizens queuing outside the schools.

The videos of police violence against peaceful people coming out there, are shocking.  They're throwing people downstairs and ragging them about by their hair and kicking old people in the head... 

Edited by Mark J

18 minutes ago, matelot said:

Mark, how can you justify criticising the Spanish police when you come out with stuff like this?

A police force shouldn't assault it's citizens.   There are videos of fire bigade preventing people from being attcked by the police.  Following 'orders' is not the same as having a conflicting opinion.

2 minutes ago, Mark J said:

A police force shouldn't assault it's citizens.   There are videos of fire bigade preventing people from being attcked by the police.  Following 'orders' is not the same as having a conflicting opinion.

So it's not right for the police to use violence but if someone has a "conflicting opinion" it's OK for you to assault them?

You're either an expert troll or you really are a messed up individual. 

• Thanks 1

Well its obvious Richard Dawkins has read some of the bible, he might of read it all for all I know.  but I suspect he's not wasted any time on researching it in any meaningful way..

He's a scientist after all, not a biblical scholar or ancient historian..

In that regards I feel I'm on safe grounds assuming some facts that might or might not be factual..

Ok I’ve got 5 mins to spare while the Mrs is in Aldi..,.,

So, let me get this straight. You don’t need to “waste time” researching subject matter in a meaningful way to be able to dismiss it out of hand and then slate people who have a differing point of view on the subject?

It doesn’t surprise me that “historians” like Richard Carrier appeal to you.

I welcome rational, intelligent and civilised debate on this subject (perhaps on a different thread, though).
but it seems like it’s beyond your capacity so I’ll leave it there as I don’t have the time or the inclination.

• Like 3

However the fact is that "foreigners" are the root cause of a lot of problems in the UK/ Europe. The biggest problems (Imho) facing the UK are terrorism and austerity. There wouldn't be islamic terrorism in the UK if we hadnt invited Muslims in.... "foreigners" generally do low paid work and are a drain to the taxpayer. Are you really happy that the Government cuts back services to Brits so that "foreigners" can get benefits and free houses?

The you look at stuff like road congestion and building on green belt land. All things made worse by "foreigners".

If "foreigners" we're making a great contribution to the UK no one would complain about them. However they don't make much of a contribution....

Ignoring the fact that the health service would grind to a halt due to a lack of uk doctors!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I was making a herculean effort to be polite.....  In reality, I consider much of what you write (in the political sense) to be cretinous drivel. 

Misjudging you....?  Oh, OK....

What, you mean you DON'T have a self declared limited attention span, you're NOT regurgitating sound bites, attempting to insult and suppress opinions that differ from your own by labelling others as 'racist', and you ARE receptive to quality data that exposes your current, apparent, stance as poorly conceived, infantile, white guilt? 

(just thinking back to that statement you made in a response to one of Matelot's posts, something like "...people like you will never gain power..." which resulted in my offering some links to illustrate that there IS a measurable increase in support and demonstrable examples that 'power' IS being exercised, and mindful that you found it too detailed for consumption...)  This might be a useful read for you - there are even some pictures!  

Enjoy :D

Racial-Self-Interest-is-not-Racism-FINAL  

Well if I'm a repetitive, mindless cretin due to my views about matelot then I certainly have no concern or worries about your views on me then and I'm certainly not going to waste any of my time defending those views.

We obviously have different views on what a racist is (although I see the majority of people agree with my view, but then I would think that I suppose:) )so yes I may be wrong and maybe matelot isn't a racist and he is just concerned about mass immigration rather than trying to blame everything on stupid, corrupt foreigners. 

I suppose we will just have wait and see if any racist or xenophobic party's will take control as yes I see the far right is rising across the globe. 

• Like 2