Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Education is a gamble, an investment with risks, if you don't pull your weight, spend more time out living the student lifestyle when you should be studying, you're wasting your time and the tax payers money, this whole thing about student loans and only paying them back in dribs and drabs when you land a high enough paying job is wrong. Students should be made to pay it back as soon as they finish their education regardless of what they earn. More incentive to make their privileged opportunity a success.

Education is a gamble, an investment with risks, if you don't pull your weight, spend more time out living the student lifestyle when you should be studying, you're wasting your time and the tax payers money, this whole thing about student loans and only paying them back in dribs and drabs when you land a high enough paying job is wrong. Students should be made to pay it back as soon as they finish their education regardless of what they earn. More incentive to make their privileged opportunity a success.

Well said! That might stop some of the wasters signing up for basically 3yrs of pissing up and carrying on!

Once students leave Uni their tax band/code should be adjusted and the student loan recovered with immediate effect (on employment).

Well said! That might stop some of the wasters signing up for basically 3yrs of pissing up and carrying on!

Once students leave Uni their tax band/code should be adjusted and the student loan recovered with immediate effect (on employment).

Er, it is....

Well said.

But Wes mate, you seem switched on. I suspect you're not chuckied up to the eyeballs in random debt.

Food prices are going up massively anyway. I'm yet to see another party offer a viable alternative. Tories have backtracked on Austerity, which makes them either incompetent or just plain cruel.

No I'm not but I'm young well youngish 😂 and prepared to bend my back. Nothing is given in this life you have to go out and earn it and whilst things could always be better I think we are mostly doing ok. I'm never going to be in the top 1% so honestly couldn't care less what they earn but the tax they pay, jobs created, wages paid which in turn pays more tax I can live with.

If your prepared to work hard good things will come we only have to look at silkys thread to see that in action.

I'm not 1 colour politically mark I choose who I think best suits me at that time. I vote selfishly but surely everyone should do that for their best interests.

Corbyns probably a cracking bloke he seems normal enough I just can't get his policies to add up in my mind partly explained in my last post the LVT scares the sh@t out of me amongst other things it's pointless going into it all as I'm never going to persuade anyone to change their mind or beliefs on party colours it just doesn't work.

Lastly I'm ex forces may goes to armed forces Day he goes to Glastonbury (cool to the yoof but not how I want to see the leader or possible future leader of the uk), his policies on defence are too soft for my liking but that's just me.

I will probably vote labour again in my lifetime (if I like what I see) but I couldn't this time, I'm not saying may is the answer or the best political leader but as I have previously stated I'm happy with the way things are why should I vote to change them.

No I'm not but I'm young well youngish 😂 and prepared to bend my back. Nothing is given in this life you have to go out and earn it and whilst things could always be better I think we are mostly doing ok. I'm never going to be in the top 1% so honestly couldn't care less what they earn but the tax they pay, jobs created, wages paid which in turn pays more tax I can live with.

If your prepared to work hard good things will come we only have to look at silkys thread to see that in action.

I'm not 1 colour politically mark I choose who I think best suits me at that time. I vote selfishly but surely everyone should do that for their best interests.

Corbyns probably a cracking bloke he seems normal enough I just can't get his policies to add up in my mind partly explained in my last post the LVT scares the sh@t out of me amongst other things it's pointless going into it all as I'm never going to persuade anyone to change their mind or beliefs on party colours it just doesn't work.

Lastly I'm ex forces may goes to armed forces Day he goes to Glastonbury (cool to the yoof but not how I want to see the leader or possible future leader of the uk), his policies on defence are too soft for my liking but that's just me.

I will probably vote labour again in my lifetime (if I like what I see) but I couldn't this time, I'm not saying may is the answer or the best political leader but as I have previously stated I'm happy with the way things are why should I vote to change them.

It sounds like you've assessed the situation and worked out what you feel is best for you and yours. That's all anyone can do. I'm only forty mate and can honelstly say I never thought I'd give as much of a toss about politics as I do now.

Best of luck to you.

It sounds like you've assessed the situation and worked out what you feel is best for you and yours. That's all anyone can do. I'm only forty mate and can honelstly say I never thought I'd give as much of a toss about politics as I do now.

Best of luck to you.

Yes I like politics and do more than average research on policies when it counts but as you say we can only assess and do what we feel is best for ourselves.

Best of luck to you too and I really do hope you get the best out of uni and hit that payrise!

Yes I like politics and do more than average research on policies when it counts but as you say we can only assess and do what we feel is best for ourselves.

Best of luck to you too and I really do hope you get the best out of uni and hit that payrise!

I'm self employed so it's a purely (Self-funded) selfish pursuit.