Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Spot on Dan.

I had some dog crap to clear off the lawn late last night and I was pretty surprised Jeremy didn't show up to offer his solidarity.

He's about as genuine as Bono.

Mark J you seem like one of the most intelligent lads in here, your support for him surprises me.

I'm no fan of May either, before you start Eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I'm sick of being bullied and singled out around here.

I've reported you to Mr Bullman.

I'm sick of being bullied and singled out around here.

I've reported you to Mr Bullman.

Of course your not being singled out Eggs. There's also what's his name erm you know the one lives around the corner from erm you must know him :lol:

Spot on Dan.

I had some dog crap to clear off the lawn late last night and I was pretty surprised Jeremy didn't show up to offer his solidarity.

He's about as genuine as Bono.

Mark J you seem like one of the most intelligent lads in here, your support for him surprises me.

I'm no fan of May either, before you start Eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I genuinely think he presents a credible opportunity to clear the floor of May et all. I also think his policies are sound. I don't see an alternative way to get us out of the socio polictical mess we're in.

I don't know why you'd ask me Mark, I voted Green!

Do you really believe that anyway??

I used to vote green, I like their stance on Trident amongst other things.

Just out of curiosity do you think all families who's house burns down should get £5k and a luxury flat given to them? Or am I being cynical thinking winning votes is behind alot of his recent public appearances?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Arbtalk mobile app

Everyone who's council house burns down due to shoddy work, carried out by the council or their contractors certainly should and plent more besides I would hope!!!!

Just out of curiosity do you think all families who's house burns down should get £5k and a luxury flat given to them? Or am I being cynical thinking winning votes is behind alot of his recent public appearances?

They've been "let down", scandalously, by "the system." The system should now do whatever is necessary to recompense for its failure. Where ever that failure is found to be, wether it be local authority, government, contractor or individual, there should be prison time if individuals are found culpable and financial recompense if profit making organisations are found liable.

It does seem bizarre that the survivors of the fire are moving into a luxury development where the starting price of a flat is £1.6m.... 68 flats are being provided so it will cost £100m plus... It looks like austerity only affects some people....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/21/grenfell-tower-families-to-be-given-68-flats-in-luxury-apartment-complex

It does seem bizarre that the survivors of the fire are moving into a luxury development where the starting price of a flat is £1.6m.... 68 flats are being provided so it will cost £100m plus... It looks like austerity only affects some people....

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/21/grenfell-tower-families-to-be-given-68-flats-in-luxury-apartment-complex

I just find it a bit bizarre that this one fire has had millions spent on it, a media frenzy, a charity song, numerous charity pages to give money, when all other house fires are left for the insurance companies to sort out? I don't remember a visit from downing street when buncefield went up and people were moved out for years and had to fight for compensation?

I'm not taking away from these people at all and think they need and deserve help to get though these times but the inconsistency of it all bothers me. There's plenty of families on hard times up and down the country living in b & b's waiting for permanent housing, wheres their million pound apartments?