Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2211 posts, but if you look at the number of members of arbtalk, very few of them comment on them, or react.

When someone talks back, gives a like or a laugh its digital heroin.

I often think of the bile that would have been written if slavery were not yet abolished, Lincoln posting on X and the slave owners trolling him

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Well, from a bystanders point of view it looks like a final push to get yourself over the line. Before AHPP has to generously make a substantial contribution to get this thread closed down.

2211 posts, full of rancour and prejudice. To what end though? What outcome could you possibly be hoping to achieve, other than to create division between arbtalkers? You're not changing anything with the incessant spamming.

😂😂Thing is 42 you are far from a bystander. The posts from you and your team were relentless regarding the previous administration. You can’t have it both ways I’m afraid 🤷‍♂️😂

Number of posts mean zero to me, although it’s bound to be high when I’m dealing with the team of 4. How do you feel about the winter fuel hit by labour on the pensioners ?, thought I’d ask as you have been unusually quiet about it, not the case  had it been a Tory decision I suspect. 

Reacting to a post is different to a relentless tirade of the same daily post "Here is my agenda". You'll note that for example Sime42 rarely offers up a news story, and never the same news story on a daily basis. Comprehension check: The story is the same even if the details are different "Kier Starmer is a bad man, immigrants are bad people, foreign people are bad people, Farage is a hero and Trump (the rapist) is a demigod".

Perhaps take stock and understand the type of news stories that the members comment about.. very rare these days that political stories are commented on apart from you team of fans (?).. those stories have been done to death... and even then it is mostly fact checking what you post and not actually on the story itself. A bit of variety if a good thing. However that is my view. Noting that the website "Arbtalk" is geared towards those in arboriculture or an interest in it, not a political forum... of which there are many others and might fulfil your desires for a good political debate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steven P said:

Reacting to a post is different to a relentless tirade of the same daily post "Here is my agenda". You'll note that for example Sime42 rarely offers up a news story, and never the same news story on a daily basis. Comprehension check: The story is the same even if the details are different "Kier Starmer is a bad man, immigrants are bad people, foreign people are bad people, Farage is a hero and Trump (the rapist) is a demigod".

Perhaps take stock and understand the type of news stories that the members comment about.. very rare these days that political stories are commented on apart from you team of fans (?).. those stories have been done to death... and even then it is mostly fact checking what you post and not actually on the story itself. A bit of variety if a good thing. However that is my view. Noting that the website "Arbtalk" is geared towards those in arboriculture or an interest in it, not a political forum... of which there are many others and might fulfil your desires for a good political debate.

😂😂😂Not happy with Labour I take it ? 
Bit harsh on 42 there SP. 

IMG_0546.png

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Steven P said:

Perhaps take stock and understand the type of news stories that the members comment about.. very rare these days that political stories are commented on apart from you team of fans (?).. those stories have been done to death... and even then it is mostly fact checking what you post and not actually on the story itself. A bit of variety if a good thing.

What I want to know is why do you personally feel you have to say something about the suspected perpetrator? The majority of arbtalk members never comment on one of his posts, they don't feel the need to join in. You don't have time to police the whole internet, but you can at least police one forum?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, tree-fancier123 said:

What I want to know is why do you personally feel you have to say something about the suspected perpetrator? The majority of arbtalk members never comment on one of his posts, they don't feel the need to join in. You don't have time to police the whole internet, but you can at least police one forum?

The Arbtalk forums are generally interesting, generally friendly and genuine funny comments all the time. I guess my comments on the political posts are a boredom of the same post... all the time... change the narrative and keep this thread interesting... Other posts are thinly veiled racist attacks and as a member of the forum cannot stand by and allow my participation here be seen as a tacit agreement on intolerance and abuse, so I will express my opposition to these... Likewise to an extent, the political stuff, not going to stand by all the time to allow my participation in the forums be seen as my agreeing with the comments that are an exact opposite to my values.

I might be speaking out of turn, but most of us on here enjoy what the forums bring up. I might not agree with everyone all the time, but appreciate what they bring and what I can learn from them. If JohnsonD stuck to what he knows well without the constant political threads, these posts are also interesting and I learn from them - the shooting, the milling, the diving, pretty sure I wouldn't need to distance myself from them and he might (Hmmm...) get the odd thumbs up too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Steven P said:

The Arbtalk forums are generally interesting, generally friendly and genuine funny comments all the time. I guess my comments on the political posts are a boredom of the same post... all the time... change the narrative and keep this thread interesting... Other posts are thinly veiled racist attacks and as a member of the forum cannot stand by and allow my participation here be seen as a tacit agreement on intolerance and abuse, so I will express my opposition to these... Likewise to an extent, the political stuff, not going to stand by all the time to allow my participation in the forums be seen as my agreeing with the comments that are an exact opposite to my values.

I might be speaking out of turn, but most of us on here enjoy what the forums bring up. I might not agree with everyone all the time, but appreciate what they bring and what I can learn from them. If JohnsonD stuck to what he knows well without the constant political threads, these posts are also interesting and I learn from them - the shooting, the milling, the diving, pretty sure I wouldn't need to distance myself from them and he might (Hmmm...) get the odd thumbs up too.

You are not the thought police SP if the facts i post are facts you don’t like or they don’t align with your so called “ values”  🤷‍♂️deal with it. You should also listen to TF123, you guys are literally so easy to get a rise out of it’s laughable. Learn some self control. You cannot deny you guys have caned the Tories for years, don’t be upset when others do the same about Labour. 
I don’t yearn for the odd “ thumbs up” a bite or two is amusement enough 😂😂

Edited by Johnsond