Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, peds said:

Edit:

Does anyone speak AI prompt art? Is it possible to get a picture of a liberated-looking nun riding on a Przewalski's horse?

I started but the images were getting 'not safe for work', less nunny and more Lady Godiva

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steven P said:

No, but the burka thing is just xenophobia

No it’s not. Absolutely abhorrent practice that anyone who gives a damn about women’s rights should oppose. 
Mind you that could cover a lot of the Islamic religion too. 

IMG_0370.png

31 minutes ago, Steven P said:

I started but the images were getting 'not safe for work', less nunny and more Lady Godiva

Try the prompt the other way round.

You could probably find it ready made actually. The internet is a diverse place. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

No it’s not. Absolutely abhorrent practice that anyone who gives a damn about women’s rights should oppose. 
Mind you that could cover a lot of the Islamic religion too. 

IMG_0370.png

The irony.

• Haha 1

Talking of women's rights; old Musky boy is off again.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

The theory suggests that the only people able to think freely are ‘high [testostrone] alpha males’ and ‘aneurotypical people’

Got any high alpha males or aneurotypical people on here?

7 hours ago, peds said:

Ah good, you charged your phone. I was worried! 

Don’t stress about such trivial things Peds. It’s  a lottery one day it’s 50% others it’s 2% or maybe even 100% when I’m driving. I’ll make  sure you get that 1% pic you secretly desire  at some point when I’m truly bored out of my skin. 

Edited by Johnsond

Sigh... another school shooting. Only 4 dead this time, so I guess it doesn't really count?

Thots and prares, as usual.

Georgia high school shooting: student charged with murder after four people killed in Apalachee

Authorities say suspect, 14, also wounded nine others, with FBI later saying they had investigated him and his father a year ago

Two students and two teachers were killed at a Georgia high school on Wednesday in a mass shooting authorities say was committed by a 14-year-old male student at the school.

At least nine others were taken to the hospital following the incident at Apalachee high school in Winder, about 50 miles north-east of Atlanta.

Officials said at an afternoon press conference that the suspect was alive and in custody, and surrendered quickly as officers, including two school resources officers, entered the campus and confronted him.

Chris Hosey, director of the Georgia bureau of investigation, took the unusual step of naming the minor, Colt Gray, as the suspect. He said the suspect would be charged as an adult with four counts of murder.

“What is more important for me to mention here to you is my heartfelt sympathy to the parents, the students that were here,” he said.

He did not disclose what kind of firearm was used, or how it was obtained.

Aerial video shows evacuated students in football field after school shooting in Georgia – video

The Federal Bureau of Investigation later issued a statement revealing that it had investigated online threats to commit a school shooting in 2023 and local law enforcement interviewed a 13-year-old subject and his father in nearby Jackson county. The statement did not identify the teen, but Georgia officials said the statement was in connection to the subject in custody.

“The father stated he had hunting guns in the house, but the subject did not have unsupervised access to them. The subject denied making the threats online. Jackson County alerted local schools for continued monitoring of the subject,” the FBI said, adding that there was no probable cause to make an arrest

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/article/2024/sep/04/georgia-high-school-shooting-apalachee

Edit :

I don't suppose anyone remembers this political ad for Georgia's governor, where he pointed a shotgun at his daughter's boyfriend... not exactly related to the news above, but not a thousand miles away either. 

image.thumb.png.327a16d92d8a4e81cba419fee135332d.png

Edited by peds