Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

On 19/08/2024 at 21:43, Steven P said:

The guy is there whinging that there is an apparent 'team' coordinating an orchestrated attack on his posts and thoughts, there isn't - if he doesn't like the (many) negative comments to his posts then I was suggesting there are other more sympathetic places he can post than a forum for arborists. Simple.

Happens that I personally feel discrimination against the disadvantaged (and in fact any discrimination), should be highlighted rather than staying silent which can be seen as a tacit agreement. Without someone checking their views the posts often get more extreme and that is not a good thing. So yes, where he is wrong (and he often is), I am happy to tell him so.

lol 😂You not realised  that’s the piss being taken out of you boys SP not whinging, you all take yourselves far too seriously 😜

Edited by Johnsond

On 19/08/2024 at 17:08, tree-fancier123 said:

that is bad - trying to make someone else post what you think they should. Simply don't comment on the stuff that doesn't interest you, instead of trying to act as judge and referee

Warning - non saw related-anti immigrant stuff

only so much land and fresh water, no NHS dentists, personal tax free allowance froze till 2028, at least partly to help fund small boats mess

It’s having a different or in their eyes wrong opinion that causes so much anger. That and reading or quoting the wrong media source. At the very worst it passes a bit of time between tides for myself  😂

Edited by Johnsond

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Divers resume search for software tycoon, his daughter and four others

I cant understand why they didn't send a rescue team down to the yacht earlier. They are still holding out hope that the remaining missing people are trapped in an air pocket. The last bit I read in yesterday's news, maybe it's just a recovery mission now. 

1 hour ago, Mesterh said:
WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Divers resume search for software tycoon, his daughter and four others

I cant understand why they didn't send a rescue team down to the yacht earlier. They are still holding out hope that the remaining missing people are trapped in an air pocket. The last bit I read in yesterday's news, maybe it's just a recovery mission now. 

It might be so deep they need special dive gear?

I am no Yachtie but it capsizing with no sail up must have taken some force?

Then it sank without the keel righting ot? Must have been a hugely long mast?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

I heard on the radio it holds the record for the tallest aluminium mast? Might mean nothing, you know how facts can get garbled through reporting.

And I think 50 meters down, but again, that was from earlier reports that might not mean anything. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mike Hill said:

I am no Yachtie but it capsizing with no sail up must have taken some force?

Highest aluminum mast in the world apparently. Second highest mast of any type. 75m.

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

As the rescue operation continues off the Italian coast, questions remain as to why the superyacht sank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1