Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

18 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

The more I think about it the stranger it seems.

Lockerbie, 270 victims, wasn't a mass victim event.

Harold Shipman, 250 victims, wasn't a mass victim events.

Titanic, 1500 victims, wasn't a mass victim event.

HMS Hood, 1415 victims, wasn't a mass victim event.

Manchester Arena Bombings, 23 victims, a mass victim event.

It's bizarre.

Even more bizarre that it was assigned to the injured policeman over the last few days. Who know Doug, possibly a modern term, as for shipman I think he  probably doesn’t count as he fed them into the system over time. 

18 minutes ago, manco said:

yes, youre right mr wiener. 

by definition everything i say is wrong and biased, even when all im doing is quoting your own words at you.

common definition you say. as opposed to the basic definition of a casualty, or more than one person injured?

ah, so youre saying that no property has been damaged in any of the riots?

ok, obviously the news was lying about the shops being smashed and looted, and the library burnt, and the cars on fire, and walls pulled down for something to throw.

yes that sounds right, the bbc lying again and reporting false news.

unlike the people who reported that the southport attacker was a muslim asylum seeker immigrant. they were clearly giving the real truth.

im not embarrassed at all with your name, are you? sounds like it isnt all that big, that could be the problem.

Definitely some competition to the previous leader, it’s filled a pram 6 times that’s good enough for me. 
I’ve not denied a single thing, please post evidence if you think I have. My sole statement has been that all rioters etc etc etc etc you still seem to be toiling with comprehension regarding this. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Even more bizarre that it was assigned to the injured policeman over the last few days. Who know Doug, possibly a modern term, as for shipman I think he  probably doesn’t count as he fed them into the system over time. 

👍

I just can't understand why the time period or a geographical spread matters as to how many victims are attributed to an event.

10 minutes ago, sime42 said:

Bud, in terms of pure volume of work, anyone is an observer in comparison to you! 🤷‍♂️

If you're not arguing, then what have you been doing on here for the last 10, 20 pages or whatever it is now? If instead, you've just been saying the same thing over and over, what's the point? 🤷‍♂️

From what I've seen everyone is saying that riots or rioting should be policed equally and fairly without prejudice regardless of race, religion or political affiliation. The scum bags smashing and attacking everything and everyone should be locked up for a long long time. Actually no, hard manual labour would be a far more effective punishment. Our prison system is fcked anyway, certainly no room for the hundreds or maybe thousands that will hopefully be sentenced eventually. Though our legal system is also fcked so that won't happen any time soon unfortunately.

Anyway, rather than pointing out one thing that won't fix the issue, what would help matters in your opinion ve? I think that it's got to be worth pushing back against the lies and misinformation that's being spread online surely. Some people fall for it far too easily, as you've personally experienced ve. All this propagation of hatred and division within society is helping no-one. "Othering" groups within society is at the start of a very ugly path.

Like I said right at the beginning a good starting point would be to police everything fairly without any sign of favour or prejudice. Again as I said at the beginning the perception “ be it real or not “

is behind a lot of the trouble we see right now. 
Yeah 42 I’ve replied to every comment sharpish apart from the 6  in a row last night that were along the lines you guys use to refer to as “ rants” that were put up by some weirdo obsessed with my cock 🤷‍♂️😂
What have I personally experienced??

11 minutes ago, Doug Tait said:

👍

I just can't understand why the time period or a geographical spread matters as to how many victims are attributed to an event.

🤷‍♂️I guess it’s a modern definition. Mass Casualty Event rather than victim. The definition and explanation are all there. Me personally I’d not  classify the current numbers of injuries to the police “ as abhorrent as they are “ as such a thing. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Like I said right at the beginning a good starting point would be to police everything fairly without any sign of favour or prejudice. Again as I said at the beginning the perception “ be it real or not “

is behind a lot of the trouble we see right now. 
Yeah 42 I’ve replied to every comment sharpish apart from the 6  in a row last night that were along the lines you guys use to refer to as “ rants” that were put up by some weirdo obsessed with my cock 🤷‍♂️😂
What have I personally experienced??

The largest faith in Rwanda is Catholicism, but there have been significant changes in the nation's religious demographics since the genocide, with many conversions to evangelical Christianity, and, to a lesser degree, Islam.[286] According to the 2012 census, Catholic Christians represented 43.7% of the population, Protestants (excluding Seventh-day Adventists) 37.7%, Seventh-day Adventists 11.8%, and Muslims 2.0%; 0.2% claimed no religious beliefs and 1.3% did not state a religion.[287] Traditional religion, despite officially being followed by only 0.1% of the population, retains an influence. Many Rwandans view the Christian God as synonymous with the traditional Rwandan God Imana.[288]

Edited by sime42
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

So perhaps the term "mass casualty event " is very specific, how about the phrase "A lot of British Police Officers are being hurt by a lot of British rioters" - will that do?

Smoke and mirrors I again. Making the news today and the news today is rioting stoked up by Tommy Robinson (from his nice comfy 5 star Cyprus hotel (where he ran away to avoid being arrested again)). Smoke and mirrors "a lot of (racist) White people rioting but look over there 30 Asians had one the other day too over a local issue... and no police officers were hurt" (actually in Leeds there were a few white lads getting into the action too).

The narrative is always the same - White British people doing wrong are barely mentioned on this thread but as soon as anyone approaching middle eastern origin, or date I say it a Muslim then the long copy and paste posts appear. Why would that be?

The Leeds thing, in the Harehills area, unrest rather than a full on riot, was an interesting one. It was Roma people kicking off, and Muslim people stepping in to diffuse things and clear up the mess. That's a tricky conundrum; do we classify Roma as Asian to fit the narrative here? (It wouldn't be that far fetched actually).

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

A group of Muslim men put themselves in danger to calm unrest in Harehills over children being taken into care

• Like 1

I think the term mass casualty event has been mis understood, many of us not actually realising that it is quite a narrow definition. So if we accept that the term is not relevant here and perhaps "rioters hurting a lot of police officers" be better?

To me it is an over reaction (massively) to a Christian School boy (Adding in the religion here, it is relevant when using his actions as a catalyst to attack a mosque) who by all accounts was a good quiet boy with few concerns about him going a bit murdery. For the boy, there is more to the story to come out, such as why he picked that group - it wasn't a random walking down the street, sees a dance school and thinks "that'll do".

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, sime42 said:

The Leeds thing, in the Harehills area, unrest rather than a full on riot, was an interesting one. It was Roma people kicking off, and Muslim people stepping in to diffuse things and clear up the mess. That's a tricky conundrum; do we classify Roma as Asian to fit the narrative here? (It wouldn't be that far fetched actually).

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

A group of Muslim men put themselves in danger to calm unrest in Harehills over children being taken into care

If you look at the videos online here, the actual trouble there was less than 30 people involved. Most of the crowd were there filming with their phones. 1 person has been charged so far with arson (burning the bus) and justice is starting it's process.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

and as for the riots this week, perhaps Johnson, D can ask his workmate what the feelings are in Southport to them? Remembering your pal lived was it 2 streets away from the boy and knew the dance class? something like that - local knowledge that a lot here don't have.