Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Just my thought, but rather than getting sidetracked by the age old immigration/Muslim debate, what we should actually be focusing on is knife crime. Why exactly do so many young people, (largely boys), feel compelled to go out and kill innocent folk with knives? (Or guns if we were in America). There's clearly other reasons, as well as religious extremism.

As a parent, the issue of knife crime worries me far more than immigration and Islam.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anno said:

Re Southport, great quote by Owen Jones in the Guardian - 

'But the toxicity of social media is just one ingredient here: poisonous rumours are only effective if there is a receptive audience.'

Owen Jones !! Now there’s an unbiased level headed individual you can rely on to give a reasoned and fair analysis of the situation 😳🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Where did I say that ??

I’ve posted up links to the stabbing in Kent, The airport attack and the Leeds riots, all of them pretty much ignored 🤔yet for some strange reason this riot in Southport seems to have motivated a good few 🤷‍♂️
The riot in Leeds was indeed kicked off by the social services intervention but to state the Roma community alone were responsible is ludicrous. 

It is more what you didn't say that is telling. You mentioned and linked to pieces about the Leeds riots (the Roma population), not a peep about Southport, London or Hartlepool this week (White British people), stabbing in Kent (by a Black man), not a peep about the Welsh school girl who went a bit stabby (a white girl). The links and posts you comment on are all following your agenda that 'Jolly foreigner' is bad, White British is good. Even better if jolly foreigner is also not Christian.

Not what you say, what you don't say. Why is that?

42 minutes ago, sime42 said:

It seems sometimes like that receptive audience is just sitting on their phone waiting to suck up all those poisonous rumours as soon as they start, just to further their own hateful agenda. As we've just seen.

Like I’ve said 42 if you have an environment where one group rioting attracts a different response from the police, government or the media then that alone fosters a strong sense of resentment which with can easily manifest itself in the trouble you are seeing now. I condemn utterly the actions of those attacking the police in Southport as I do those who attached the police in Leeds and at Manchester airport. It’s no good picking which riot or incident you are prepared to condemn. There is undoubtedly in this country two tier policing/ tolerance levels depending on who is protesting etc. That’s visible here, no comments on any of the recent incidents yet utter outrage at the Southport riots. 

14 minutes ago, Steven P said:

It is more what you didn't say that is telling. You mentioned and linked to pieces about the Leeds riots (the Roma population), not a peep about Southport, London or Hartlepool this week (White British people), stabbing in Kent (by a Black man), not a peep about the Welsh school girl who went a bit stabby (a white girl). The links and posts you comment on are all following your agenda that 'Jolly foreigner' is bad, White British is good. Even better if jolly foreigner is also not Christian.

Not what you say, what you don't say. Why is that?

Rubbish 

Hartlepool and London I’ve just seen a bit on that today  and like the rest I condemn it 100%. 
So it’s what I don’t say now that’s an issue, even though I have commented about the Southport incident, I was driving all day yesterday so didn’t bother looking at the forum properly till later on by which time you guys were in full swing. You and others here were silent on the previous incidents mentioned so I guess the rather immature rationale you applied is also applicable in those cases too.