Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

10 hours ago, peds said:

There you go, getting all weird again. Straight to the gutter with you. Rolling around in the fag ends and the pigeon droppings.

Look, I know this isn't strictly covid-related, but do you think you could leave any further messages over in the covid thread?

Like... for ever?

Anyway, here's a cool photo from the Olympics. Gabriel Medina can, apparently, fly, after surfing a near perfect wave. Photo by Jerome Brouillet.

image.thumb.png.e4e944ddc63013a6abf19453e23ecf37.png

Which gets me to wondering, is this on the Atlantic, or is there a wave pool available for the surfing events? How long has surfing been in the Olympics?

I'll tell you what is worthy of outrage... I heard discussion on the radio recently about "e-sports" being allowed into the Olympics one day... computer games. I know it's big business these days, with significant international championships held all the time... but at the Olympics? Really?

A reef off french Polynesia!

51 minutes ago, billy_wizz said:

A reef off french Polynesia!

Yeah, I found that it's at Teahupo'o in Tahiti! So while everyone in Paris is getting set on fire by the communists and getting the trots from swimming in the Seine, the surfers have to cope with being stranded out in the middle of the Pacific. The sacrifices these Olympians make!

3 minutes ago, peds said:

I've been in the car all day and I'm out of the loop, is this footage from the hassle at Southport?

Yerp. Fella was so much of cnut, even his mates noticed: jiggling about in front of the police lines, Wop! brick on the back of the head, then another in the nadgers. Karma. Shouldn't laugh but it gets funnier every time I watch it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Yournamehere said:

Yerp. Fella was so much of cnut, even his mates noticed: jiggling about in front of the police lines, Wop! brick on the back of the head, then another in the nadgers. Karma. Shouldn't laugh but it gets funnier every time I watch it.

Yes, worth three or four re-runs.

• Like 2