Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Sutton said:

This explains your position on the over 50s thread on Sunday. Our son worked under an umbrella agency getting pre-tax expenses and other perks. It all sounded too good to be true until the proverbial hit the fan. Glad it's over for you.

Over 50s thread ??

I was never through or used an umbrella company 

Edited by Johnsond

2 minutes ago, Big J said:

Oh how the tables have turned! 

I think you've argued against your own point though. You're citing the fact that the UK's relationship with Europe having changed being a reason you would vote differently now. That's very much the case for many people in Scotland, I imagine.

I voted yes before as I genuinely believed Scotland would be better off not being under the Yoke of the English. I have often read that Scotland does not meet the requirements to re-join the EU if Scotland had won independence. A double win for me. Genuine independence.

We had our once in s generation vote. We voted accordingly. Like Brexit it’s not the best of three. Both sides presented their cases and their propaganda and we decided to not take back control of our nation and to remain powerless in the Union. We now have to pay that price. We don’t get to change our mind on the whims of some hate filled  dwarf. 

Having seen what an unmitigated disaster the SNP are Im doubly glad we don’t have independence. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark J said:

Nobody wants to talk about how a Tory Brexit has, as predicted by some, screwed the UK.

Some people just can't admit they've been mugged:
image.thumb.png.097264228ffbedd81501fda6db4190c0.png

WWW.FT.COM

News, analysis and comment from the Financial Times, the worldʼs leading global business publication

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

ONS says GDP grew by 0.2% in three months to June, suggesting Britain is not in recession

A lot of people really really don’t want to admit or even acknowledge the reaction to covid has put us well and truly in the shit. The comments such as killing granny now look absolutely bloody  ridiculous Mark. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

A lot of people don’t want to admit the reaction to covid has put us well and truly in the shit. The comments such as killing granny now look absolutely blood ridiculous Mark. 

We’ve been mugged all right. By the over reaction to Covid and the proffering response to  Ukraine. 

Those that doggedly insist it’s the fault of Brexit don’t want to admit they’ve been mugged off. 

The MSM always blame either Brexit or Ukraine, whilst they all ignore the cluster f that was COVID. All economies bar Sweden and China are in the toilet.

Food - we should be self sufficient

Electric - we should be nuclear and selling it back to the eu

Gas - close the gas power and use it like the 1980s

The list can go on, we are not a desolate island regardless of whom you believe.

• Like 3