Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

Small mercies.. 

NEWS.SKY.COM

It has been widely reported that Ms Patel, who has been home secretary since 2019, was not...

I’m sure Labours Harvard and Oxford educated career political Shadow would be more in touch with normal people’s feelings eh Mark, her and Ed must be sitting pretty financially I’d say. 
Anyway on a serious note, Genuinely whom ie which party or what form of government would you see as the answer ??. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Johnsond said:

I’m sure Labours Harvard and Oxford educated career political Shadow would be more in touch with normal people’s feelings eh Mark, her and Ed must be sitting pretty financially I’d say. 
Anyway on a serious note, Genuinely whom ie which party or what form of government would you see as the answer ??. 

Good question and it's one I don't know the answer to. It's clear that the tories aren't up to the job, it doesn't look like the 'opposition' or much anyone else is up to it either. I don't think I'll be voting for anyone for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Good question and it's one I don't know the answer to. It's clear that the tories aren't up to the job, it doesn't look like the 'opposition' or much anyone else is up to it either. I don't think I'll be voting for anyone for the foreseeable future. 

Can’t disagree with much of that Mark. Quite frankly whom in their right mind would want to take on the job with the level of media intrusion and scrutiny it entails. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Can’t disagree with much of that Mark. Quite frankly whom in their right mind would want to take on the job with the level of media intrusion and scrutiny it entails. 

I think scrutiny is quite an important thing though, people should, in my mind, be held accountable for their actions especially when they're supposed to be working for us.

As for media intrusion, I suppose it depends on who the 'media' company is and whether or not things they are reporting are in the public interest. I couldn't give two hoots which MP is banging who, what, why, or where, I do genuinely feel though that MPs' half-truths and incompetence should reported on. I wouldn't employ an incompetent liar in my business, but then again, I didn't get where I am today. 

Edited by Mark J