Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

46 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I watched the RLB thing develop on Twitter in real time.

Absolutely ridiculous of course, totally unreasonable sacking, but there you go, what’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

Or, in current speak, what’s good for the welder is good for the gobshite!

It has been amusing listening to all the commentary and sanctimonious justifications for the lad from Burnley infamy getting the sack in the AM, followed by a round of outraged cries of injustice and grandstanding By the same / similar cohort in the PM when the tables turned. 

Apart from 1 being aerial and the other being digital, there’s not much between the examples. 

As for mitigating factors, one was a young private individual expressing a view, the other was a member of the shadow cabinet, an erstwhile potential leader of HM’s opposition - potentially, (nah, never happen) PM - redistributing unfounded allegations of nation state liability for the murder of a foreign national. 

One loses their job and likely faces a very uncertain future, the other gets a sideways move. 

Is it any wonder politicians are getting such a bad press. 

(OK, for balance, Jenrick appears to be on a dodgy wicket too but I haven’t seen his 1 hr explanation from yesterday yet so I’ll keep the powder dry on that one for the time being)

Plus state of emergency on the South coast and riots in Brixton last night - Brexit seems such a dull and distant subject now)

3 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Or, in current speak, what’s good for the welder is good for the gobshite!

It has been amusing listening to all the commentary and sanctimonious justifications for the lad from Burnley infamy getting the sack in the AM, followed by a round of outraged cries of injustice and grandstanding By the same / similar cohort in the PM when the tables turned. 

Apart from 1 being aerial and the other being digital, there’s not much between the examples. 

As for mitigating factors, one was a young private individual expressing a view, the other was a member of the shadow cabinet, an erstwhile potential leader of HM’s opposition - potentially, (nah, never happen) PM - redistributing unfounded allegations of nation state liability for the murder of a foreign national. 

One loses their job and likely faces a very uncertain future, the other gets a sideways move. 

Is it any wonder politicians are getting such a bad press. 

(OK, for balance, Jenrick appears to be on a dodgy wicket too but I haven’t seen his 1 hr explanation from yesterday yet so I’ll keep the powder dry on that one for the time being)

Plus state of emergency on the South coast and riots in Brixton last night - Brexit seems such a dull and distant subject now)

Yeah well the bloody world has gone mad, maybe it always was.

Head down, get your victories where you can, you’re free to say what you like, but there’s a difference between spending 10 years in a gulag, or a bullet in your head and losing your job/friends.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I bet you were (maybe still are?) singing it in your head though K.....

Id go ½ a bet you belted it out loud too ?

Nope . Still on the Sweets Ballroom Blitz , Steve Priest bless him, will see you at the Pret a Mange Kingston on saturday..... darjeeling wasn't it ?  Bring yr pickaxe handle ?  K

44 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I don't know who's the biggest twerp, me for opening the link, or you for posting it. I'll be foot tapping that all day now.

Just change “baby” for “Bailey” and we’ll make a Tory of you yet me lad......

(I can ‘see you’ spitting your beer out as I write ?)

7FBF8DDC-822C-496C-BBD3-54276717707D.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Just change “baby” for “Bailey” and we’ll make a Tory of you yet me lad......

(I can ‘see you’ spitting your beer out as I write ?)

7FBF8DDC-822C-496C-BBD3-54276717707D.jpeg

You've more chance of pissing in the Quenns handbag, Pal.

• Haha 1