Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

So now after over 100 days of lockdown with hugely reduced numbers of infection and zero to single figure weekly fatalities we have  that total control freak Sturgeon deciding that regardless of the statistics or facts that we must wear face coverings to enter any shop. Why now ??. Zero logic or statistics to justify it other than she can. Why was it not brought in at the beginning ??. 3 months plus going to supermarket or garage etc with no problems and the totally hyped virus being brought under control. SNP and Sturgeon in particular seem rather desperate not to let go of the power and control this brings them. 

• Like 4

This here is a right piss-take:

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Boris Johnson's father Stanley Johnson has boldly disregarded UK travel rules - which his prime minister son put in place...

See, I even credited the Mirror but like I say, it’s the detail rather than the source that matters. 

So, foreign travel restrictions are only for the ‘little people’ huh?

Not ‘excusing’ Cummings, but this one rather knocks him into a cock hat!

Do as I say, not as I do....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Boris Johnson's father Stanley Johnson has boldly disregarded UK travel rules - which his prime minister son put in place...

See, I even credited the Mirror but like I say, it’s the detail rather than the source that matters. 

Been reading it this morning, tw*ts! I'm sure there is plenty of local people to his holiday pitch that could have prepared it for his return. It boils my piss. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

WWW.MIRROR.CO.UK

Quite frankly who gives a shit ?‍♂️. We are being treat like fools whom must be dictated to and given guidance etc etc etc at all times. The media have absolutely terrified people with hysterical reporting from day one. We have totally non statistical based decisions like this pure shit about masks in shops after three and a half months without them now being enforced by the police here in Scotland from the 10th of July. The whole thing is a total sham. Let people make a choice based on the available guidance or go down the route of total state control. I know which I prefer. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Quite frankly who gives a shit ?‍♂️. We are being treat like fools whom must be dictated to and given guidance etc etc etc at all times. The media have absolutely terrified people with hysterical reporting from day one. We have totally non statistical based decisions like this pure shit about masks in shops after three and a half months without them now being enforced by the police here in Scotland from the 10th of July. The whole thing is a total sham. Let people make a choice based on the available guidance or go down the route of total state control. I know which I prefer. 

I agree about the media but it's the politicians also spouting this nonsense, I don't think it's right to lay the blame solely on the media. Johnson, Hancock, and Cummings are changing their story more often than I change my pants, they either need to reign it in or feck off.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I agree about the media but it's the politicians also spouting this nonsense, I don't think it's right to lay the blame solely on the media. Johnson, Hancock, and Cummings are changing their story more often than I change my pants, they either need to reign it in or feck off.

Make a judgment call on the evidence that’s out in the public sphere and base the way you approach this accordingly. Or allow the media and state to control everything ?‍♂️. My choice is on the former. I don’t give a damn what any of them have done as individuals what I do care about is when politicians of any party or part of the UK are making decisions on police enforcement of totally unnecessary and unjustified mandatory instructions. Tactics like this are more suited to the likes of China and North Korea. 
My own view of today’s announcement by Sturgeon ref mandatory face covering after over 100 days is that it’s probably the most unjustified decision so far made during this whole charade. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Every three weeks? ?

Edited by doobin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ha, more talk of control! 

People sitting at home, getting paid and not spending money in the high street is not the type of control governments want. They want you back in work and out spending money, if there is a lot of dead workers that doesn't happen.

In China life is cheap but they need a lot of people with their nose to the grindstone, hence the strict lockdowns to save lives.