Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, eggsarascal said:

Boris is going to ask for a suspension, what a shocker.

It's "extension" rather than "suspension" ? he is (currently) obliged to do so thanks to the Remoaners in parliament.

I shouldn't read too much into that though....

It'd be like me saying "...I'm going to 'ask' ??s to give me a million pounds..."

I can 'ask' for what ever comes into my head but there's very little chance that anyone would (a) believe that I meant it or (b) that I'd have any expectation that you'd do it....

• Like 3

Whatever happens, there will be quite a few P45’s handed to remainers at the next General Election.
We have to have a GE at some point and there are a heck of a lot of people who feel cheated right now.
Another extension will only serve to further intensify public feeling against parliament and none of this is helping the Remain cause when it comes to changing people’s mind in favour of the EU membership,
At some point Parliament will get their comeuppance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whatever happens, there will be quite a few P45’s handed to remainers at the next General Election.
We have to have a GE at some point and there are a heck of a lot of people who feel cheated right now.
Another extension will only serve to further intensify public feeling against parliament and none of this is helping the Remain cause when it comes to changing people’s mind in favour of the EU membership,
At some point Parliament will get their comeuppance.

It was a close call, as was Scot Indy, the country is split, awkward, but feck all we can do!?

It was a close call, as was Scot Indy, the country is split, awkward, but feck all we can do!?

Maybe, Mull, time will tell. It’s a pity as Britain could potentially become another Singapore-like free market powerhouse if only we could unshackle ourselves from the EU’s Cable-Tow.

Maybe that’s why the Eurocrats are so opposed to it, which is understandable.

What’s really frustrating is that our Parliament is such a long way from representing the electorate and the referendum result, after we were finally given the choice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It's "extension" rather than "suspension" ? he is (currently) obliged to do so thanks to the Remoaners in parliament.

I shouldn't read too much into that though....

It'd be like me saying "...I'm going to 'ask' ??s to give me a million pounds..."

I can 'ask' for what ever comes into my head but there's very little chance that anyone would (a) believe that I meant it or (b) that I'd have any expectation that you'd do it....

You are correct, it is an extension, not a suspension, and I'm with you on leaving, but he can't just go firing through everyone.

11 hours ago, TIMON said:

What’s really frustrating is that our Parliament is such a long way from representing the electorate

13 hours ago, TIMON said:

Frustrating isn't quite the word I'd use. It would be nice to imagine that the public would remember just who ignored the referendum when it comes around to voting time. Once we're out it doesn't really matter if you originally voted to stay or leave, the important issue will then be that  a huge number of MPs failed to stand on the single question that the electorate answered. Democracy was overturned and everything possible must be done to ensure that Parliament remembers who they actually represent and who ultimately employs them.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gary Prentice said:

Frustrating isn't quite the word I'd use. It would be nice to imagine that the public would remember just who ignored the referendum when it comes around to voting time. Once we're out it doesn't really matter if you originally voted to stay or leave, the important issue will then be that  a huge number of MPs failed to stand on the single question that the electorate answered. Democracy was overturned and everything possible must be done to ensure that Parliament remembers who they actually represent and who ultimately employs them.  

But they won't because they're dyed in the wool, they can't get their blinkers off. Me grandfather voted Tory/Labour, me dad did the same, so I'm voting the same.

They’ll probably find a way of making a law that prevents us from holding them to account.
Trying to get decent laws passed in Parliament is nigh on impossible, yet Hilary Benn’s surrender act got pushed through in record time, no scrutiny, no nothing....
Whole thing is one giant stitch up....
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TIMON said:

They’ll probably find a way of making a law that prevents us from holding them to account.
Trying to get decent laws passed in Parliament is nigh on impossible, yet Hilary Benn’s surrender act got pushed through in record time, no scrutiny, no nothing....
Whole thing is one giant stitch up....

It is a stitch up, but Boris trying to push it down folks throats when it was so close isn't the answer. Brexit will happen, it's going to take some more time mind.