Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

17 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

You have a point, brown people bombing other brown people doesn’t garner much attention.

Journalists tend to dislike other journalists being murdered, they won’t let it lie.

Interesting to see if this festers or fades away.

It’ll fade away since there’s very little anyone we might expect to react adversely can actually do about it. 

The social concience in the West has whored itself to the oil, Saudi cash bought US debt and dumping on Saudi strengthens Iran. 

Bit of a rock & a hard place really....

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

It’ll fade away since there’s very little anyone we might expect to react adversely can actually do about it. 

The social concience in the West has whored itself to the oil, Saudi cash bought US debt and dumping on Saudi strengthens Iran. 

They also buy a great deal of expensive weaponary from us.

I too think it'll fade away.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Prolly right.

Do you remember “death of a princess” KJ?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

Prolly right.

Do you remember “death of a princess” KJ?

Wasn’t familiar with it but just Wiki’d it. 

Sounds about right!

Talk on the wireless (LBC) was that Saudi owns the 40th something floor of Trump Tower. 

Their money is intertwined through most most global economies which gives them some impressive (destructive) political clout. 

Governments cant do much, maybe people power can. We all need to move away from oil dependency - many little steps. 

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

A

Rumour has it that they cut him up with a bone saw and shipped him out while his wife was waiting outside.
I don't know what will come of it. Collateral damage from a bomb is something that they're quite good at shaking off. The dynamics are somewhat different here.

i heard they used a TW13 chipper and flushed the slurry down the can

44 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

It created quite a stir when it came out.

Lots of pressure from the saudis to shut it down, and the UK fresh from the oil crisis of the early 70s reluctant to push it.

..I remember the amazing Not the Nine Oclock news skit on it - pissed myself - K

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark J said:

They also buy a great deal of expensive weaponary from us.

I too think it'll fade away.

You think the weapons sales will fade or the scandal will fade?  I’m a couple of beers in and read it both ways ?

You think they’ll stop buying or we’ll stop selling?

Im not sure either will actually happen, it may become a bit more obscure and guarded, but I’m not sure anyone (in influence) wants it (the weapons sales) to go away. 

What at an opportunity for Corbyn to seize the moral high ground - the test will be, does he put morals above money and jobs. 

2 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

You think the weapons sales will fade or the scandal will fade?  I’m a couple of beers in and read it both ways ?

You think they’ll stop buying or we’ll stop selling?

Im not sure either will actually happen, it may become a bit more obscure and guarded, but I’m not sure anyone (in influence) wants it (the weapons sales) to go away. 

What at an opportunity for Corbyn to seize the moral high ground - the test will be, does he put morals above money and jobs. 

I think that the scandal will fade as long as we're supplying them with weapons.

• Like 1