Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

5 minutes ago, Mark J said:

It has got something to do with the messaging of the press that people of different political viewpoints read though.

No it’s got everything to do with the screen grabs of the articles I posted 

Or to put it another way “facts”

Edited by Johnsond
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Will C said:

I guess that makes a lot of us and a growing number very right wing

Not really, @pleasant clearly makes the distinction that Tommy Robinson/ EDL/ NF are 'very right wing' and that ordinary people get pigeon holed as racists because they may have reasonable right of centre views.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I agree there are too many people coming over here in boats.

1.2 million people migrated to the UK last year (508,000 emigrated). 30,000 came via small boats. If immigration is the problem, a cause of overcrowding, then perhaps we are looking in the wrong direction and should look to the million+ that are sanctioned by the government? There should never be a small boat crossing at all, the current government have created quite a thriving business out of their policies though, a real success. Cameron is saying that we cannot currently send them back to France but all that is is that the recent prime ministers don't want that as a solution, don't want to work with the EU. Give the French £400 million (like Rwanda has cost so far) and I am sure they will be amenable to some cooperation

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pleasant said:

'Diversity is our strength'

😇

I'm not sure my lass would be happy if I shagged my latest client and said that, but I'll give it a go and let you know how it pans out.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Steven P said:

1.2 million people migrated to the UK last year (508,000 emigrated). 30,000 came via small boats. If immigration is the problem, a cause of overcrowding, then perhaps we are looking in the wrong direction and should look to the million+ that are sanctioned by the government? There should never be a small boat crossing at all, the current government have created quite a thriving business out of their policies though, a real success. Cameron is saying that we cannot currently send them back to France but all that is is that the recent prime ministers don't want that as a solution, don't want to work with the EU. Give the French £400 million (like Rwanda has cost so far) and I am sure they will be amenable to some cooperation

We have already given France very nearly that amount already and they are happy to take our money and stick two fingers up and turn a blind eye to the dinghies

COMMONSLIBRARY.PARLIAMENT.UK

You didn't read the end of the article, the French stopped about 50% of the crossings with the about 250 million they have had in the last 10 years, predicted to give them another 400 in the next 3 years - lets see if that stops the rest before deciding if they turn a blind eye?

However that is still only a small portion of immigrants to the UK we are talking about.

Edited by Steven P