Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

On 07/04/2024 at 19:30, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Police have issued pictures of a murder suspect being hunted over the death of woman after she was...

No doubt the elephant in the room will be invisible. With a bit of luck he will resist arrest and put up enough of a fight for the police to administer value for money justice, few pounds for a couple of well placed rounds as opposed to a small fortune too lock him up. 

What elephant? It's too invisible.

1 hour ago, sime42 said:

What elephant? It's too invisible.

Muslim honour attacks,killings and subsequent assistance from within the same community 🤷‍♂️oops is that a hate crime nowadays. 

Ah, right. I thought honour killing was more of a Sikh thing, but maybe it's a cultural practice.

The guy has been caught now so the true motivation should come out in due course.

• Confused 1

On 07/12/2023 at 14:36, Dan said:

What a shame, a lovely guy and very talented. He came into my English class in about 1990 to give a talk. He made me realise that you can express your

self in different ways and don't have to confirm to the man!

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Listen to the latest episodes of The Life and Rhymes of Benjamin Zephaniah on BBC Sounds

Edited by sime42
That could've gone in Poetry Corner

2 hours ago, sime42 said:

Ah, right. I thought honour killing was more of a Sikh thing, but maybe it's a cultural practice.

The guy has been caught now so the true motivation should come out in due course.

AMP.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Global political influence may make assault and forced marriage more frequent and severe, say experts

If something like this was in  any way attributable to  the mysterious so called far right I keep hearing about in the UK it would be headline news 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The SS Richard Montgomery's explosive cargo has been lying on the Thames Estuary bed for...

A job and a half to sort this out. I’d say it’s literally impossible to put a price on what it would cost to get that to an ALARP  level that would satisfy all stakeholders and signed off. 

• Like 1