Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

3 hours ago, Doug Tait said:

**Service User Information Message**

Valued Customer.

You have now used up your entire 'crying with laughter' emoji allocation supplied as standard with your account.

But don't worry, you can top up your emoji entitlement for a small fee through your account (save on data by topping up via WiFi network).

Any emoji entitlement unused at the end of the month will be rolled over.

Terms available on website.

Thank you for your custom,

The Emoji Team.

Priceless Doug . 😄 Wish I had come up with that bud .

• Thanks 1

Any way , a recent study has concluded that electric vehicle now pollute considerably  more than the equivalent  petrol powered vehicle . Because they weigh more  their tiers and brakes wear out quicker releasing higher toxic particles than those that come out of a petrol engine tail pipe . I still think Hydrogen is the way forward . I believe Toyota have produced an engine that runs on liquid hydrogen in the same way a petrol engine does in as much as you just fill the tank like you would petrol and of course the only thing that comes out of the exhaust is H2O .      

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rich Rule said:

He is a diver mate.

Pretty hard to do that on land.

The fins are on the rack nowadays. Dive control and supervising. 30 plus years of getting wet was plenty. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Any way , a recent study has concluded that electric vehicle now pollute considerably  more than the equivalent  petrol powered vehicle . Because they weigh more  their tiers and brakes wear out quicker releasing higher toxic particles than those that come out of a petrol engine tail pipe . I still think Hydrogen is the way forward . I believe Toyota have produced an engine that runs on liquid hydrogen in the same way a petrol engine does in as much as you just fill the tank like you would petrol and of course the only thing that comes out of the exhaust is H2O .      

A lot of egg on a lot of faces me thinks if that ever gains traction. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I hope it does . I would not buy one . The feckers catch fire ! You also have to factor in the cost of the mining of the lithium , dragging it a cross the ocean in a hurking great ship  then , later on the disposal of the dud batteries . 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

I have a client who owns a fuel station. He was quizzing the fuel company rep about how many stations they're buying, and he asked them if they were going over to electric charging points. Answer? " Nah mate, hydrogen". JCB are already running hydrogen engines, it's the only sensible option, in my humble and fairly ignorant opinion. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Peter 1955 said:

I have a client who owns a fuel station. He was quizzing the fuel company rep about how many stations they're buying, and he asked them if they were going over to electric charging points. Answer? " Nah mate, hydrogen". JCB are already running hydrogen engines, it's the only sensible option, in my humble and fairly ignorant opinion. 

And that's a yes from me ! 🙂

• Like 1

For transport I'd also say Hydrogen, drivers - cars, trucks, planes, boats - are used to liquid fuels, the technology is there to make hydrogen. You can almost plug a windfarm straight into a water supply and get hydrogen fuel (I have seen plans for a couple where the electrical substations have a hydrogen pump for the local council - buses and refuse trucks).

• Like 2