Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 hours ago, Botty Cough said:

Yeah

Arb managers jobs being advertised at the moment for upwards of £50k and that's a basic job.

I don't think anyone is disputing that there are well paid jobs out there but they are the minority, a manager on 50k is 1 person, the team they manage could be what, 6 to 12 people? Cannot all be managers, someone has to do the work.

I have always taken salary, job, workload and lifestyle as a sliding scale. Earn nothing and you have all the time in the world to do what you want (not necessarily the money to do it though), earn 100k and more and you have all the money in the world but no life to enjoy it (OK nice house, but if all you do is sleep in it what is the point). Somewhere in the middle there is a happy point for us all, the trade off between wages and no life, or a life but no wages equalises with job satisfaction. 12 hour days, or working away from home and you never see the kids grow up and develop, you are just a lodger to them, regardless of the cash you bring in.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Steven P said:

I don't think anyone is disputing that there are well paid jobs out there but they are the minority, a manager on 50k is 1 person, the team they manage could be what, 6 to 12 people? Cannot all be managers, someone has to do the work.

I have always taken salary, job, workload and lifestyle as a sliding scale. Earn nothing and you have all the time in the world to do what you want (not necessarily the money to do it though), earn 100k and more and you have all the money in the world but no life to enjoy it (OK nice house, but if all you do is sleep in it what is the point). Somewhere in the middle there is a happy point for us all, the trade off between wages and no life, or a life but no wages equalises with job satisfaction. 12 hour days, or working away from home and you never see the kids grow up and develop, you are just a lodger to them, regardless of the cash you bring in.

I average 4-5 months a year off at home, I’ve worked on jobs close to  home doing 8-10-12hr shifts. You are up and away before kids are up and back late. Eat sleep work 🤮absolutely crap. As much as it has its disadvantages it’s worked well enough for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnsond said:

I average 4-5 months a year off at home, I’ve worked on jobs close to  home doing 8-10-12hr shifts. You are up and away before kids are up and back late. Eat sleep work 🤮absolutely crap. As much as it has its disadvantages it’s worked well enough for me. 

Finally a sensible worker.

I too manage 4 months a year or so , mostly doing house upgrades.

During the 7 months a year I work full time I make an absolute wad.

Spread it out over 12 months. During my rest months I spend a bit of time repairing kit and pissing off numptys on the internet 😂😂😂😂

11 minutes ago, Botty Cough said:

😂😂😂😂

**Service User Information Message**

Valued Customer.

You have now used up your entire 'crying with laughter' emoji allocation supplied as standard with your account.

But don't worry, you can top up your emoji entitlement for a small fee through your account (save on data by topping up via WiFi network).

Any emoji entitlement unused at the end of the month will be rolled over.

Terms available on website.

Thank you for your custom,

The Emoji Team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

55 minutes ago, Botty Cough said:

Finally a sensible worker.

I too manage 4 months a year or so , mostly doing house upgrades.

During the 7 months a year I work full time I make an absolute wad.

Spread it out over 12 months. During my rest months I spend a bit of time repairing kit and pissing off numptys on the internet 😂😂😂😂

What I make I make 🤷‍♂️it’s my business. We get by but are by no means Rich, as labour and the SNP labels anyone who tries to get on in life. 

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

What I make I make 🤷‍♂️it’s my business. We get by but are by no means Rich, as labour and the SNP labels anyone who tries to get on in life. 

Have you bothered working offshore?

• Confused 1