Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 hour ago, Stere said:

But UK is in a large debt and payments have increased

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

The rise in the cost of borrowing comes as chancellor, Jeremy Hunt prepares for the autumn statement.

Good point.
£36bn was saved by the cancellation of the northern leg, (though 8.3 of that is now going to fix road potholes apparently). So that leaves 27.7. Which is more than enough to cover the debt repayments of 23 plus the 1 that the NHS is asking for.

2 hours ago, sime42 said:

Good point.
£36bn was saved by the cancellation of the northern leg, (though 8.3 of that is now going to fix road potholes apparently). So that leaves 27.7. Which is more than enough to cover the debt repayments of 23 plus the 1 that the NHS is asking for.

Less debt is not more money to spend. You’d give the mrs a run for her money it would seem when it comes to fiscal matters. 

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Less debt is not more money to spend. You’d give the mrs a run for her money it would seem when it comes to fiscal matters. 

Exactly, you've got it again, less debt doesn't mean more money to spend. It doesn't mean lower taxes either it seems. Have you seen what Mr Hunt is saying?

I didn't ask, but glad to hear your Mrs shares the same views on debt as I do. Actually, it's Friday, so I'm slightly uneasy about what other domestic details you may share with us!

3 hours ago, sime42 said:

Exactly, you've got it again, less debt doesn't mean more money to spend. It doesn't mean lower taxes either it seems. Have you seen what Mr Hunt is saying?

I didn't ask, but glad to hear your Mrs shares the same views on debt as I do. Actually, it's Friday, so I'm slightly uneasy about what other domestic details you may share with us!

You do try so hard to stir the pot don’t you 42. 
Regarding the post if you knew that then what was the point in even writing what you did. Yeah I’ve seen what hunt is saying, you can’t grumble though can you at least you were kept safe and had all your expensive jabs. Throw this utter crap that you supported on top of other poor decisions and what do you expect 🤷‍♂️

IMG_4704.png

Edited by Johnsond
  • Thanks 1

If one was to only read a one sided press rather than broadly reading, they might have a skewed view of the world. Similarly if one was to only comment on crimes so long as criminal only matched a criteria then the narrative they want to create is as equally unbalanced as their reading. So in the interest of balance.... here is a White Scottish man who is also a murderer. Quite brutal too as it happens. It happens...

(going for 5 and 6 tonight (see the post a week or so ago)

5. Monopolising conversations
6. Impatient, angry, unhappy, depressed or has mood swings when criticized

)

WWW.SCOTLAND.POLICE.UK

Police Scotland Aberdeen North East murder Christopher Cook Jacqueline Kerr

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

You do try so hard to stir the pot don’t you 42. 
Regarding the post if you knew that then what was the point in even writing what you did. Yeah I’ve seen what hunt is saying, you can’t grumble though can you at least you were kept safe and had all your expensive jabs. Throw this utter crap that you supported on top of other poor decisions and what do you expect 🤷‍♂️

IMG_4704.png

Here is an interesting graphic. I'll apologise, I've been using excel to annotate it to make it clearer, also from the commons library. Covid hasn't happened by the end of the chart

Pre-covid total government debts

image.png.3db1929657befc83bf1f72a9098d4f9d.png