Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Hey up trig, I’ll try again, under current law she would be led away for contempt, you know like I know ‘we’ aren’t going to muzzle/spit hood people during sentencing, maybe in the street but not during sentencing.  I’m sure you also know she won’t be put on a mens wing, when in a cat C the wing got shutdown for 4 days when four cat A’s were being transferred, can you imagine the whole wing being locked down full time for a cat A female.

Ok.

I doubt very much she would say a peep. Since she's too scared to leave her cell she'll sure as hell not say a word in the Dock. It would give those who have suffered at her hands a change at some sort of closure. The opportunity to look her in the face if not the eye and vent (read impact statements) to her that she should have to endure and hopefully haunt her for the rest of her life. 

Where she to have a complete change in personality on the stand then she'd only make the fury she'll receive locked up even more unbearable than its already going to be. 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 1

Yes, they should be there to be told face to face what the punishment is.

From above, they can rant, rave, shout all they like, the viewing gallery can do the same, but if they do clear the court, take the guilty back to the holding cell till all is calm, bring them back and then tell them. Clear and concise, the punishment and why they are getting that punishment.

Capital punishment? No. If their crimes are so bad, let them sit out their days in jail, in the knowledge that they will eventually die alone. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Ok.

I doubt very much she would say a peep. Since she's too scared to leave her cell she'll sure as hell not say a word in the Dock. It would give those who have suffered at her hands a change at some sort of closure. The opportunity to look her in the face if not the eye and vent (read impact statements) to her that she should have to endure and hopefully haunt her for the rest of her life. 

Where she to have a complete change in personality on the stand then she'd only make the fury she'll receive locked up even more unbearable than its already going to be. 

I’m not sure you are right about her not having her say, look at other mass murders who’ve kicked off during sentencing in our lifetime. 

1 hour ago, Steven P said:

Yes, they should be there to be told face to face what the punishment is.

From above, they can rant, rave, shout all they like, the viewing gallery can do the same, but if they do clear the court, take the guilty back to the holding cell till all is calm, bring them back and then tell them. Clear and concise, the punishment and why they are getting that punishment.

Capital punishment? No. If their crimes are so bad, let them sit out their days in jail, in the knowledge that they will eventually die alone. 

Cost to keep a prisoner in the UK right now is around  £40k a year. That’s money that  could be far better utilised elsewhere. She won’t be alone, she will as others have done build a form of life for herself inside being fed and cared for at taxpayers expense. The sheer fear of knowing the exact day and moment you are gonna die and the fact her life has been taken just as she took the life of others is a far more appropriate punishment IMO. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Ffs, how many times do you need telling, that isn’t going to happen. Get in the real world ya daft ole fecker.

We are not discussing policy we are discussing what we think ( Emphasis on THINK not what’s gonna happen or is ever going to become law) eggs or was that not the whole point of this. By the way where is this list of mass murders who apparently kicked off during sentencing in the  UK  ????? 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Cost to keep a prisoner in the UK right now is around  £40k a year. That’s money that  could be far better utilised elsewhere. She won’t be alone, she will as others have done build a form of life for herself inside being fed and cared for at taxpayers expense. The sheer fear of knowing the exact day and moment you are gonna die and the fact her life has been taken just as she took the life of others is a far more appropriate punishment IMO. 

I think capital punishment is a bad idea in general as there are many innocent people inside because of unsafe convictions. I'd be prepared to make an exception if the conviction was safe mind. 

She'll be a target in jail for the rest of her life, however long that is.

• Like 1