Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

13 hours ago, Johnsond said:

You are probably right in much of what you say, but for those who see some sort of Labour white knight coming to the rescue  there is an abundance of recent history to prove that may not be the case. Millions of us remember the last time Labour was in power, that’s just a random article chosen out of many that popped up from a quick google search. Blair/Brown did a huge amount of long term damage to the Labour Party and I think many look at Starmer and see much they don’t like nor trust. Myself I live in hope that badass Ruth will ditch the lords and  make  a comeback.

WWW.CITY-JOURNAL.ORG

When Tony Blair announced his resignation after ten years as prime minister of the United Kingdom...
APPLE.NEWS

Senior Labour MP Barry Gardiner lashes out at ‘descent into gutter’ ahead of PLP...

Seems the msm have a new target 🤔🤷‍♂️

We have a right wing media largely owned and run by Rupert Murdoch, why are you surprised?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 5thelement said:

We have a right wing media largely owned and run by Rupert Murdoch, why are you surprised?

Right wing media 🤔,you think so ??.We obviously look at things from a differing perspective, I wasn’t aware I expressed an element of surprise. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sime42 said:

This is useful if you can't tell the political bias of a "news" source :-

MEDIABIASFACTCHECK.COM

RIGHT BIAS These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story...

That what you use?? 
I’m happy to use my own judgement, it’s seen me ok over the years. Particularly the last 2-3. 

2 hours ago, Johnsond said:

That what you use?? 
I’m happy to use my own judgement, it’s seen me ok over the years. Particularly the last 2-3. 

Yet you voted for the party responsible for the last 2-3 years in the first place.

Great judgement that 😂

30 minutes ago, 5thelement said:

Yet you voted for the party responsible for the last 2-3 years in the first place.

Great judgement that 😂

That’s a decent attempt at a derail but anyway yeah  I did as it happens ( and unless there’s a valid alternative will again)as did the majority 🤷‍♂️it’s called democracy. As for the actions of the last 2-3 yrs as I’ve said dozens of times the opposition parties called for earlier more stringent and long lasting restrictions in regards that one particular topic.

The judgement in that particular reply was as im presuming you are aware a reference to being able to look at a media source and make my own mind up. Try the conservative twins on you tube, that’s worth a watch. They are most definitely right wing. Back to the media, I’ve watched msm tear into the current government relentlessly for a good few years now as is the way of such things, it seems strange as soon as they switch to scrutiny of Starmer it’s because they are “right wing” 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

That’s a decent attempt at a derail but anyway yeah  I did as it happens ( and unless there’s a valid alternative will again)as did the majority 🤷‍♂️it’s called democracy.

Well said. 

People forget very quickly that the alternative to the Conservatives in 2019 was either Jeremy Corbyn or for those of us unfortunate enough, Wee Nippy Nicola. 

(Hides under the table.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

That’s a decent attempt at a derail but anyway yeah  I did as it happens ( and unless there’s a valid alternative will again)as did the majority 🤷‍♂️it’s called democracy. As for the actions of the last 2-3 yrs as I’ve said dozens of times the opposition parties called for earlier more stringent and long lasting restrictions in regards that one particular topic.

The judgement in that particular reply was as im presuming you are aware a reference to being able to look at a media source and make my own mind up. Try the conservative twins on you tube, that’s worth a watch. They are most definitely right wing. Back to the media, I’ve watched msm tear into the current government relentlessly for a good few years now as is the way of such things, it seems strange as soon as they switch to scrutiny of Starmer it’s because they are “right wing” 

The MSM have been tearing into the current lot because they are a bunch of blatantly corrupt, inept morons or have you not noticed?

They are tearing into Starmer because he is equally low grade.

You keep banging the drum about what the opposition called for during Covid, unfortunately the opposition are in no position to make any decisions as they weren’t  in government, the party you voted for was, and they made all the decisions. 
They got the Brexit vote sorted then made a pigs ear of it, led us  through the Covid farce making millions for themselves whilst people died and companies went to the wall. One of the big issues with the Brexit vote was immigration controlling our borders, how they handling that?

And don’t regurgitate any claptrap about the current lot not wanting to upset the loony left. 
The British have been masters of the English Channel for a 1000 years, hammered both French and Spanish Armada on more than one occasion, yet the government, big wigs in Whitehall, MoD and the Admiralty are powerless because liberal lefty vegan Karen who works  down Holland and Barratt actually call the shots, total balls. 
The current lot are raking in millions of pounds of tax payers money, replacing its previous Covid cash cow, they could deal the rubber boats issue in a phone call but chose not too because they are raking it in.

At least previous Tory governments have had the decency to keep the economy buoyant, they haven’t even done that.

And your going to put a big ‘X’ on the ballot paper for these chumps next time? 

• Like 1