Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

18 hours ago, woody paul said:

The thing is most tractor drivers carting maize into an AD plant work long hours, and there's no way that tractor driver lost control, fell a sleep maybe, or on mobile phone. But let's hope it's a wakeup call to some. 

Yep. Playing on the mobile would be my guess.

APPLE.NEWS

Novak Djokovic has won a record-breaking 23rd men's singles Grand Slam title after victory in the...

You have to admire the man’s dedication and character, absolutely vilified by the media and governments around the world he stood his ground and refused to take an experimental vaccine of dubious efficacy at best and downright dangerous at worst. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 11/06/2023 at 14:47, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

The former first minister of Scotland and leader of the Scottish National Party was arrested on...

Never mind Boris and the petty  covid bollocks, that’s made my day to see that lying divisive control freak arrested. 

Yup, but Scottish politicians play an influential role in your life, seeing as you live in Scotland. There's plenty of people in England who do actually want Boris and his pals strung up for the 'petty COVID bollocks'.

14 hours ago, Mark J said:

Yup, but Scottish politicians play an influential role in your life, seeing as you live in Scotland. There's plenty of people in England who do actually want Boris and his pals strung up for the 'petty COVID bollocks'.

Mark you got what you asked for during covid did you not 

restrictions,lock downs, vaccine mandates etc etc, all a load of  bollocks according to the John Hopkins report !!. Let’s face it Mark anyone with half a brain was ignoring the vast majority of the stupid rules  including myself and I’ve no doubt you too. You want him strung up for the partygate affair or you want him strung up for feeling like a twat for buying into all of the shite !!.  I do recall you telling us how much you admired old Krankie mind and how she handled things ie lock down sooner for longer etc etc etc just as Labour in England clamoured for. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Mark you got what you asked for during covid did you not 

restrictions,lock downs, vaccine mandates etc etc, all a load of  bollocks according to the John Hopkins report !!. Let’s face it Mark anyone with half a brain was ignoring the vast majority of the stupid rules  including myself and I’ve no doubt you too. You want him strung up for the partygate affair or you want him strung up for feeling like a twat for buying into all of the shite !!.  I do recalling you telling us how much you admired old Krankie mind and how she handled things ie lock down sooner for longer etc etc etc just as Labour in England clamoured for. 

I went along with 'the rules' as I was led to believe it the best course of action in a time of significant uncertainty. I worked throughout the lockdown. I love the way you'll bark at anyone who enabled the shit storm that was the management  of the pandemic, but you're incapable of blaming Boris and his lackeys directly. 

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

I went along with 'the rules' as I was led to believe it the best course of action in a time of significant uncertainty. I worked throughout the lockdown. I love the way you'll bark at anyone who enabled the shit storm that was the management  of the pandemic, but you're incapable of blaming Boris and his lackeys directly. 

I’m not barking mark at anyone, I wish Boris had gone with his initial instinct and adopted more of a Swedish way of approaching things but the clamour for action was utterly deafening( media driven too) as for going with the rules, you are an educated man are you not, if dumb arses like myself and a few others on here can work out it’s bollocks then so could most others surely. My contempt for the political types who led us during that farcical period is absolute mark, but I  am not blinded by political allegiance, i remember those who wanted more restrictions etc etc. I liken the current mentality to that period to that of people looking to blame someone for behaving like a tool on a sat night, we’ve all been there bud, woke up thinking why the hell did I do that. Then conveniently blaming the guy whose idea it was to hit the town that night. Boris gave all those who wanted everything we witnessed exactly what they clamoured for. As for management of a shit storm Mark the vast majority of first world countries ****************ed up the response to covid massively. Have you read the John Hopkins study ?? . 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1