Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

https://www.ft.com/content/3248741b-b112-43ed-a9af-d75a7916445c

Hopefully the proposed Corp tax and fuel increases are ditched, seems that people and businesses are trying bloody hard to get going again after the last few years insanity. It would be harsh medicine to keep going down the current BOE route too, although I’m sure the banks don’t mind.

APPLE.NEWS

The UK economy grew far more strongly than forecast in January, adding to evidence...

Edited by Johnsond

4 hours ago, Johnsond said:

What would be your solution Mark, how many of these predominantly military age male illegal ( often economic) immigrants would you be willing to fetch in, bearing in mind they have to be fed and housed at taxpayers expense. Please no citizen smith Tory bad Labour good shite ok. 

I'd have taken France up on their suggestion in 2021 that we should be allowed to process asylum claims from within France itself. What would your solution be? 

Why not just do what every other EU country does, pay zero benefits or support.

No money = no attraction

They arrive here, we offer one option.

1. Free flight home, submit a claim from there and we'll look at it eventually or just ban you like Australia.

And how is giving the French more money to sit on their arses protecting a border they actively want to be used to clear their streets of immigrants?.

Edited by GarethM
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Mark J said:

I'd have taken France up on their suggestion in 2021 that we should be allowed to process asylum claims from within France itself. What would your solution be? 

Pretty much exactly the same as GarethM. Currently we are contributing to our own downfall as a society massively with what we are allowing and encouraging. Having experienced first hand the behaviour of a large group of sub Saharan African scum  hanging around the city centre when my 14yr old daughter walked past them with myself, the Mrs and her twin brother in Glasgow recently I’d be 100% behind turning them around the minute they are apprehended. 

34596E07-C391-414D-8ABC-5CC61872A90A.jpeg

BF8A6CA3-36C5-4413-9AF7-679048819B7E.jpeg

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 1

APPLE.NEWS

Charles has conferred the title, as Prince Philip had hoped, to mark his younger brother's 59th birthday

Mark J 

Theres something to cheer you up, what a wet blanket of an individual, announcements such as this are not gonna do the royal family any good at all. 

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:

Unbelievably I don’t even think your joking, link the receipt benefits to attendance at work schemes or something along those lines rather than paying such types to be at home. Mind you watching my local council teams do pot hole repairs is pretty much how I’d imagine it going. But still at least they’d be off their idle arses. 

I agree, I don't know why we're still paying people to sit at home with their feet up, we shouldn't be. (This is obviously ignoring the tricky question of means testing. There are some who have a legitimate reason for not being able to work). We have record numbers of people not working now I think.

Just getting our home grown resource back to work isn't going to resolve the labour shortage. Fair enough, they can do the easy stuff like hospitality for instance, but we also need tougher military age male illegal types to do the hard, manual jobs. Their nationality, colour, religion, LGBTQIA+πGHBLSD identity makes not much difference, as long as they can stand in a field all day picking cabbages. I reckon they'd doing a better job at fixing potholes as well.

Whilst the benefits issue is a complex one, it's meant to be enough to survive not thrive, as it was designed as a safety net.

Illegal immigration is relatively simple, send them all home to country of origin.

By all means apply as you can from anywhere in the world, but why should we pay for the world, they all come wanting healthcare, education and housing, erm why ?.

• Like 1

What, then, is the attraction? First, unlike in France or Germany, refugees who reach Britain instantly acquire the effective status of asylum seeker. While they wait for their cases to be examined, a lengthy process that gives them every chance to disappear, they are housed and fed and given £35 a week, including £25 in vouchers to be exchanged in the shops.

Then, after six months in the country, they can apply for a work permit. But they can easily find work without a permit, because the black economy in Britain is worth some £80bn a year - four times the size of France's. There is no penalty for an employer who hires an illegal immigrant. Ultimately, only one in 40 illegal immigrants to Britain is repatriated.

Better treatment aside, perhaps the most appealing aspect of life in Britain is its lack of that continental institution, the national identity card. In Britain, nobody has the right to ask you for your papers unless they suspect you of having committed an offence. You can live and work in Britain without the constant fear of a tap on the shoulder.

In France, on the other hand, asylum seekers do not have the right to work. They are entitled to £180 a month and, although they are theoretically supposed to have access to accommodation in an overcrowded reception centre, for the most part must find a bed themselves. And without identity papers, they can do virtually nothing.

So France's arguments are not entirely without foundation. It is not the Sangatte refugee centre that attracts refugees to Sangatte, it is Britain, represented in France by the mouth of the Channel tunnel.

As a French foreign ministry spokesman, Francois Rivasseau, said: "Maybe London should reflect on possible ways to reduce the differences between legislation and practice in the United Kingdom on the one hand, and in continental Europe on the other - differences that make Britain particularly attractive to potential immigrants."

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

The Channel tunnel acts as a magnet to refugees because the UK is at odds with the rest of Europe in its attitude to asylum...

1 hour ago, Johnsond said:
APPLE.NEWS

Charles has conferred the title, as Prince Philip had hoped, to mark his younger brother's 59th birthday

Mark J 

Theres something to cheer you up, what a wet blanket of an individual, announcements such as this are not gonna do the royal family any good at all. 

Try as I might, I just can't get over how backwards a monarchy is, they do nothing of purpose and cost a fortune, we should send them back to Germany.