Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

21 hours ago, Mark J said:

Thanks for clearing that up honey,

It's good that people from across the political spectrum agree that the new 'Police' bill is a cause for alarm.

This probably expresses it more fully:

APPLE.NEWS

The rioters who set police vehicles alight and attacked officers were "serial demo attenders" intent on violence against...

• Like 3

23 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Events unfolding in Brzzol Mark, that’s kind of the point I was trying to put across earlier. 

Scenes like wasson in Brizzol are not going garner support for opposition to the proposed legislative changes. 

We may well be moving inexorably closer to the point where civil unrest takes a firmer and wider grip. There are enough recent examples of the domino effect when this sort of behaviour features on the news. 

Having read the article JD posted earlier I’d be surprised if Brum doesn’t go off soon. 

I haven't been watching the news and wasn't aware of riots in places. I was commenting on the general state of us-vs-them.
Civil unrest is inevitable if things keep going the way they are. Perhaps that's why they're trying to legislate their way out of it.

Tin foil hat here, but if I wanted to put a controversial piece of legislation through and I had the resources to do so, I'd like to think that 'rent a mob' could be hired to enhance my position.

It's already legal for a copper to lie to you and form a relationship with you in order to gain intelligence.

It's not beyond the realms of possibility that the powers that be have stoked just the right amount of discord to get what they want.
The Cambridge Analytica project shows just how easily demographics are manipulated.

Edited by Mark J
Explanation for Skyhuck.
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Tin foil hat here, but if I wanted to put a controversial piece of legislation through and I had the resources to do so, I'd like to think that 'rent a mob' could be hired to enhance my position.

That’s not how AF are spinning it Mark. 

See how far you can get through the attached article without laughing......

13 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Kev, I'm not sure that Antifa have a website, given that they're not a real organisation 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mark J said:

Kev, I'm not sure that Antifa have a website, given that they're not a real organisation 

It’s not an Antifa article Mark, it’s from the Anachists Federation - who do, it seems, have a website. Which is a bit odd given their apparent objection to the sort of capitalist mechanisms that gave rise to the WWW and the ‘tech’ required to sustain it. I guess they are able to swallow large portions of their own blatant hypocrisy in order to draw the giro from the very institutions of ‘government’ they so vociferously opposed?

Who knows?

Each to their own 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I read a short bit of the Afed stuff, but got lost in make-believe....twisted diatribe in the main part tonatteack the feeble minded into thinking that the author is clever and 'banging their drum!' 

• Like 2

I read a short bit of the Afed stuff, but got lost in make-believe....twisted diatribe in the main part tonatteack the feeble minded into thinking that the author is clever and 'banging their drum!' 

I dunno pete if you read the lot and that account is what happened then the police are lucky they only got a few cars burnt... I don’t blame them for protesting the bill is total bollox... we are free only to be told what to do ?
  • Like 1