Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

13 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

As I predicted a full on ultra woke PC reply. Seriously bud give yourself a shake or read back  over some of the stuff you preach. Regarding use of time in the  morning if the mrs won’t play ball I’d rather have a cup of tea, ( White 1 ) and a slice of toast, only lightly done of course not too brown eh ?, than waffle on about misinterpretation, rights or wrongs of advertising and it’s supposed effects on target audiences by putting interracial lesbian couples on TV blah blah 
Jokes aside you don’t half live in PC land. Me thinks you take yourself and your beige beliefs too seriously.

As I predicted more insults and belittling comments from you. No change there then. 

As opposed to just telling me what a PC/woke/beige world I live in and telling me how I should satisfy my wife ( I don't think I'll take your advice on that one but thanks for the suggestion) . Maybe try making your thoughts on diversity in our society crystal clear so I don't have to misinterpret them. 

3 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

I wonder how young youndstu actually is....

Writes like straight out of school still full of the PC BS that passes for education these days. 

Go on Stu, tell us you’re a knarly 80yo globe trotting adventurer with a vast and far ranging portfolio of life experiences as a foundation for your opinion. 

(are you old enough to recognise your chain being yanked?)

Possibly not as old as you, almost certainly not as old as Johnson and probably older than the other one who disagrees with me but won't get himself involved now after getting all abusive and banned previously. 

I'm certainly old enough to have seen things change but to realise that some people are unwilling to back down and change their opinions as times change. But  I hope I'm young and open minded enough to have some faith that in general things are changing for the better, and maybe even do my little bit to help in one way or another. 

Sometimes it's also worth considering whose chain is being yanked!

4 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Possibly not as old as you, almost certainly not as old as Johnson and probably older than the other one who disagrees with me but won't get himself involved now after getting all abusive and banned previously. 

I'm certainly old enough to have seen things change but to realise that some people are unwilling to back down and change their opinions as times change. But  I hope I'm young and open minded enough to have some faith that in general things are changing for the better, and maybe even do my little bit to help in one way or another. 

Sometimes it's also worth considering whose chain is being yanked!

Rather than long winded knackers why don't you just answer the question?

You've done what you always do, dodge the question.

It really doesn't do your cause any good.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

As I predicted more insults and belittling comments from you. No change there then. 

As opposed to just telling me what a PC/woke/beige world I live in and telling me how I should satisfy my wife ( I don't think I'll take your advice on that one but thanks for the suggestion) . Maybe try making your thoughts on diversity in our society crystal clear so I don't have to misinterpret them. 

Now now young Stu there is not one insult in that post read it again and see. I did not throw scorn on your sexual prowess perceived or otherwise ?‍♂️I just said I’d rather do something different first thing in the morning. What is diversity ?? That the crowd  whom were on Britain’s got talent ?
Im maybe not as old as you perceive youngstu, probs seen a lot more of people the world and human nature than you think. Good and bad black and white there is both on each side I can assure you. I don’t need lecturing on PC etc etc which I’m afraid is what you do. You package it up in well written long posts but break it down to the basics and it’s not hard to see what it really is. 
Right Stu I’m off out now with a moderated 223 to partake of some pest control, predominantly carried out by white straight males whom give a shit about the countryside ??. I’ll be around later. 
lighten up a bit man all this angst and woke in you is not healthy. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

47 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Ok, fair enough but it's always seemed that not answering direct questions is the way to go on here! 

Without being too specific I spent a fair few years in education but have spent well over half of it out in the real world, so I'm sure you can have a reasonable guess. 

11 minutes ago, Johnsond said:

Im maybe not as old as you perceive youngstu, probs seen a lot more of people the world and human nature than you think. Good and bad black and white there is both on each side I can assure you. I don’t need lecturing on PC etc etc which I’m afraid is what you do. You package it up in well written long posts but break it down to the basics and it’s not hard to see what it really is. 

Maybe I'm wrong on that then, but the impression that you give through your opinions is similar to that of many of the older generation that I've known who don't see an issue with verbalising their intolerance. 

I have no doubts about your life experiences and I'm glad that you can say through experience that there's " good and bad on both sides".

Through asking clear and direct questions, whilst putting across my point of view as clearly as possible, I'm just trying to get you to clarify your position on the topic that we've been "discussing" . For whatever reason you don't seem happy to clarify your thoughts.

Enjoy your pest control, whoever you're going with!  Hopefully it helps to maintain a healthy balance in the local ecosystem. 

41 minutes ago, Youngstu said:

Ok, fair enough but it's always seemed that not answering direct questions is the way to go on here! 

Without being too specific I spent a fair few years in education but have spent well over half of it out in the real world, so I'm sure you can have a reasonable guess. 

Ask me what you want, I'll either have an opinion, or throw my hands in and say I don't know.

Should I presume that you being in education means you were a student or a teacher/lecturer?

Can you see how vague things seem to be?

• Like 2