Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

17 hours ago, Khriss said:

Somewhere 'like' China.....??   There is only one place ' like China'  that would be CHINA   ?  ( unless there is a China in Delaware or summat) K

We wuz watching a couple of programmes on Youtube about China's "Belt and Road" project, staggering in scale and fascinating in detail.

So indeed, there is only one place like China.

Btw I am also gobsmacked at being able to cast Youtube to the smart TV.

Which TV was probably made in China.

P.S.

On the subject of racism, the Asians are remarkedly racist about other Aisians, like the Cambodians whinging about the Chinese tourists being ill-bred larger louts, while the Chinese property investors bid up prices in the Cambodian resort.

Sounds familiar?

• Like 2

Yes. China has become the epitome of Communism & Capitalism and there is no stopping now.  Massive skilled workforce,no Civil engineering project too big, huge infrastructure for delivery and commerce with enormous natural resources, the racism thing , I have also noted. Any way, pasties found n killed n eaten , so can start day properly now.  Is appalling the struggle I have in Town these days so many good bakeries still shut  ?  ( thanks China !! )  K

9 hours ago, Khriss said:

Yes. China has become the epitome of Communism & Capitalism and there is no stopping now.  Massive skilled workforce,no Civil engineering project too big, huge infrastructure for delivery and commerce with enormous natural resources, the racism thing , I have also noted. Any way, pasties found n killed n eaten , so can start day properly now.  Is appalling the struggle I have in Town these days so many good bakeries still shut  ?  ( thanks China !! )  K

All of the above (ref China) AND a total disregard for the health & well being of a totally ‘disposable’ and never ending supply of workforce. 

On the pasty issue, I actually woke myself up this morning dreaming of a big fat fry up....

Times is getting hard with this bloody (so called) “lockdown.”

Apparently, I could freely go about my business in a baying mob, toppling works of art, heritage assets and historical figures free from the fear of interference from plod enforcing the latest addendum to the ‘rules’ of what I can and can’t do.....

.... but I can’t go and get mesel’ and gut busting fry up....

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

All of the above (ref China) AND a total disregard for the health & well being of a totally ‘disposable’ and never ending supply of workforce. 

On the pasty issue, I actually woke myself up this morning dreaming of a big fat fry up....

Times is getting hard with this bloody (so called) “lockdown.”

Apparently, I could freely go about my business in a baying mob, toppling works of art, heritage assets and historical figures free from the fear of interference from plod enforcing the latest addendum to the ‘rules’ of what I can and can’t do.....

.... but I can’t go and get mesel’ and gut busting fry up....

?

Actually Kev, you don't have to look back far into Our history of workers rights - Peterloo massacre - to see parallels,  but it's a far too effective situation for the China government to do otherwise, money is money n power is power  , sorry abt yr breakfast situation, am relying on the charity of Esso these days   ?  K

• Like 1

Black Lies Matter - what you WON’T see on the BBC.  

Anyone wanna comment - see if you can watch it and challenge the CONTENT rather than the presenter - you know who you are ?

WWW.TR.NEWS

Marxists, Anarchists and their affiliates have joined the BLM movement to create a race war. Black Lies Matter -...

Edited by kevinjohnsonmbe
  • Like 1