Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

Better to be thought a fool than open your mouth and confirm it.

So we should accept and trust what we're told and never question?

Should we suck it up passively like the trad silent majority?

Just now, Sutton said:

So we should accept and trust what we're told and never question?

Should we suck it up passively like the trad silent majority?

Read my previous posts and then read what you've just written. Maybe have someone read them for you? But then think carefully about how little sense your comments make. :) 

7 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

So a retired MI6 guy knows more than the US Secret Services?

His colleagues are breaching the Official Secret Act by discussing damning sensitivite material with him so he can go public, I doubt it.

What? Where did I even remotely state such a thing?

You may very well doubt it. Personally I think its quite naive to believe that its not a distinct possibility. There has been a plethora of leaks to the media on both sides of the Pond within the last few years. Is it so far fetched to think that leaking something like this to someone who held such a high rank and has the respect of many? I dont think so. But again, Im not saying its whats happened, but I think he deserves to be heard and not told to shut his mouth because he cant wave a document in front of the camera. I think you have a clear prejudice against him and its clouding your judgement somewhat. 

Its like reading an opinion from mark J on the Tories, you know damn well there will be no objectivity in his thoughts and reasoning's. It will be nothing other than hate and bile. :D 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

What? Where did I even remotely state such a thing?

You may very well doubt it. Personally I think its quite naive to believe that its not a distinct possibility. There has been a plethora of leaks to the media on both sides of the Pond within the last few years. Is it so far fetched to think that leaking something like this to someone who held such a high rank and has the respect of many? I dont think so. But again, Im not saying its whats happened, but I think he deserves to be heard and not told to shut his mouth because he cant wave a document in front of the camera. I think you have a clear prejudice against him and its clouding your judgement somewhat. 

Its like reading an opinion from mark J on the Tories, you know damn well there will be no objectivity in his thoughts and reasoning's. It will be nothing other than hate and bile. :D 

I have absolutely nothing against this man, but if you are going to go public with such massive claims surely you must have the means to back it up, if not, why even make the statement, unless you are just shit stirring?

28 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

So a retired MI6 guy knows more than the US Secret Services?

His colleagues are breaching the Official Secret Act by discussing damning sensitivite material with him so he can go public, I doubt it.

I doubt they are breaking the secrets act due to him still being bound to it. He would have had the highest clearance level. 
unless you think by retiring he can just shout everything he’s ever learned while working for them?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The avantgardener said:

I have absolutely nothing against this man,

you seemed to take offence about him voicing his valid claims about Corbyn.

2 minutes ago, The avantgardener said:

but if you are going to go public with such massive claims surely you must have the means to back it up, if not, why even make the statement, 

As a warning?

If you believe its true then maybe its the right thing to do?

If he has seen some evidence, but cant share it then even more so?

We're not talking about some dithering old MP here, we're talking about the former chief of the M16. Someone who is clearly astute and has the education and intelligence to back up his point of view. I seriously doubt he'd put his head above the parapet and further risk his reputation without good reason or evidence. 

It sounds like you've taken a personal objection to  both of his statements and have then formed a hostile opinion about him, which of course you claim otherwise. 

• Like 1

Just now, trigger_andy said:

you seemed to take offence about him voicing his valid claims about Corbyn.

I previously asked if this was the same guy, by you reply I am guessing it must be?
There has been more than one head of MI6.

Couldn’t give a toss what he said about Corbyn, he’s nothing to do with this. 

6 minutes ago, Richard 1234 said:

I doubt they are breaking the secrets act due to him still being bound to it. He would have had the highest clearance level. 
unless you think by retiring he can just shout everything he’s ever learned while working for them?

If he’s bound to it then surely he can’t shout anything?

Just now, The avantgardener said:

I previously asked if this was the same guy, by you reply I am guessing it must be?

Oh, sorry. I thought you said it was the same guy. I dont know actually. It matters little to me. Its the position he held that to me is the important bit. I dont need to know or care about his political leanings.