Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

What?

Sorry, carried away  there. :D Nah, job delayed at another hotel now. Heading out the morn late afternoon, so hopefully its no delayed any further. Although Im now on season 3 of The Man in the High Castle so I could binge watch a few more episodes.  And there's a Sushi close by too. 

Wha..

I presume you are being paid?

Just now, eggsarascal said:

Wha..

I presume you are being paid?

Yeh, still get my salary and a food allowance. Just no off-shore bonus till I actually get off-shore. But in one weeks time I start my off-period and if they wish to keep me here thats when the real money kicks in. 

9 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

What? 

What do you mean what? Eggs shared his opinion of Boris with the world - so did I. I also tried to express the thought that while the current situation is dire, with even the PM being hospitalised, it is nothing like as bad as our ancestors had it with the plagues.

1646163031_Chevalier_Roze__la_Tourette_-_1720.thumb.png.ba72d5482f4312f85480ab7ab9238675.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tree-fancier123 said:

What do you mean what? Eggs shared his opinion of Boris with the world - so did I. I also tried to express the thought that while the current situation is dire, with even the PM being hospitalised, it is nothing like as bad as our ancestors had it with the plagues.

1646163031_Chevalier_Roze__la_Tourette_-_1720.thumb.png.ba72d5482f4312f85480ab7ab9238675.png

Ah ok, makes more sense when you spoon feed it to me. :D 

2 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Yeh, still get my salary and a food allowance. Just no off-shore bonus till I actually get off-shore. But in one weeks time I start my off-period and if they wish to keep me here thats when the real money kicks in. 

Feck me, not literally... you've been away from home 3-4 weeks haven't you?

Just now, eggsarascal said:

Feck me, not literally... you've been away from home 3-4 weeks haven't you?

Nah, just feels like it. :D Only 17 days so far. But I think I'll have to do another 4 weeks before Im getting home. No flights anyway. If things have not improved in the next 4-5 weeks I'll have to do another 2 weeks quarantine again, and Id rather do that in my work period and use my off-period for making some money. 

8 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Ah ok, makes more sense when you spoon feed it to me. :D 

do you know what? I'm feeling a bit sick, but not corona - another reason, when we were discussing low oil prices the other day I remember telling you about buying Shell for my ISA, well I bottled that position and put the money in BT instead. Now bloody Shell is up over 30% since its lows. How long before the next pandemic? - I'll make sure to hold and not fold next time.

Although maybe this oil rally is short lived, they could still be paying customers to take it if the storage fills up

• Like 1