Making the news today....

Mick Dempsey

Now come on ladies, if ™ could make a monkey of Comrade Corbyn, he’ll be knocked into a cocked hat with Boris and JRM at the despatch box. 

You know that deep, deep, sinking feeling (we’ve all had it at some point) before going to a particularly shitty job...

Well that’s how JC is feeling right now! He can’t wait for Summer recess and is hoping that he’ll quietly shuffle of his mortal coile before Parliament reconvenes just so as to avoid the embarrassment!

Like him or loath him - seeing JRM take a huge dump on Bercow, the SNP AND the LibDems all in one serving is a pleasure to watch!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Now come on ladies, if [emoji769] could make a monkey of Comrade Corbyn, he’ll be knocked into a cocked hat with Boris and JRM at the despatch box. 

You know that deep, deep, sinking feeling (we’ve all had it at some point) before going to a particularly shitty job...

Well that’s how JC is feeling right now! He can’t wait for Summer recess and is hoping that he’ll quietly shuffle of his mortal coile before Parliament reconvenes just so as to avoid the embarrassment!

Like him or loath him - seeing JRM take a huge dump on Bercow, the SNP AND the LibDems all in one serving is a pleasure to watch!

So, he’s good at dumping on people, that’s great, does he have any positive qualities at all.

Stupid persons idea of a clever person.

If he had  say a brummie accent he could say the exact same, and not be taken seriously, but certain people  have undue respect for posh sounding people by some kind of weird warped logic that posher automatically = clever  so treat his every innnane word like hes some kind genius oracle.

Same with  bumbling Boris.

Both have realized content isn't important. "Eton Trumps" throw in a  a few latins phrases to impress the serfs

• Like 2

12 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

JRM's early performance as Leader of the House - Brilliant!!

Bercow well and truly shat on....  and any other muppet with a poorly conceived and / or presented question well and truly exposed as idiots.

All wrapped up in a thoroughly entertaining, sharp witted and authoritative delivery which should, I hope, cut though much of the BS which has (and has been allowed to) stifle the effective function of Parliament.

Spot on summation Mr Johnson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Stupid persons idea of a clever person.

Yome calling I stoopid loike?  Yome luccy jiremmy Ccyle ain't on the telemywision anymoire else I'd be chullenging yome to a hoe down.....  

1 hour ago, Stere said:

If he had  say a brummie accent he could say the exact same, and not be taken seriously, but certain people  have undue respect for posh sounding people by some kind of weird warped logic that posher automatically = clever  so treat his every innnane word like hes some kind genius oracle.

Now what we have demonstrated here is the classic preconceived, class based prejudice of the 'jealous class.'  If you had the intellect to listen to the words rather than the style of delivery you might gain a better appreciation of the world around you.  

He has a posh accent so you hold that against him...  What does that make you?

Imagine if I said I wouldn't listen to someone because of the colour of their skin for example...  That, quite rightly, would be ignorant, retarded and wholly inappropriate - but it is EXACTLY what you have just done.  To extend your own logic, it is because he has a posh accent that you automatically dismiss (without due consideration) the content of his speech.  

I'll 'listen' to anyone, regardless how they sound or look, if they talk shite, they talk shite it's not how they look or sound that dictates that.  You need to open your mind chum.

I don't know you, but if I were to judge you by the standards you seem to want to promote, I'd be obliged to think you a hypocrite.      

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Same with  bumbling Boris.

Both have realized content isn't important. "Eton Trumps" throw in a  a few latins phrases to impress the serfs

Don't judge others by your own limitations

1 hour ago, felixthelogchopper said:

Unfortunately, some people are sufficiently impressed by that and uninterested in anything else.

From above   "...throw in a  a few latins phrases to impress the serfs.."

Now Felix am I missing, due to the 2 dimensional nature of forum speak, the subtle irony and humour that would be obvious in a spoken conversation...?↙️?

Aliena negotia curo. Excessus propriis 

10 hours ago, Mull said:

So, he’s good at dumping on people, that’s great, does he have any positive qualities at all.

Did you watch it Mull?  I'd concede that my characteristically poor description fails to do justice to the importance of what we witnessed.

You must have taken at least some pleasure in Bercow's obvious discomfort - it was written all over his face!  The horrible, odious, troll like little man being so obviously and publicly outclassed at his own game.  Did that not even raise a small sense of satisfaction - despite the fact it came from the hands of JRM?

On a more serious note, and to the real point, and the real opportunity for improvement which that video demonstrates - beyond any doubt.  The sort of disruptive, negative, borderline abusive behaviour which has become the anticipated norm in parliament - most notably, but not exclusively by the SNP - will be met by polite but, if necessary, savage intellectual counter point which will, I have absolutely no doubt, consistently expose the instigator for the cretin they are....

That Sir, is to the benefit of us all - despite the posh accent which seems to so openly offend those that are more influenced by the how that the what.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Yome calling I stoopid loike?  Yome luccy jiremmy Ccyle ain't on the telemywision anymoire else I'd be chullenging yome to a hoe down.....  

Now what we have demonstrated here is the classic preconceived, class based prejudice of the 'jealous class.'  If you had the intellect to listen to the words rather than the style of delivery you might gain a better appreciation of the world around you.  

He has a posh accent so you hold that against him...  What does that make you?

Imagine if I said I wouldn't listen to someone because of the colour of their skin for example...  That, quite rightly, would be ignorant, retarded and wholly inappropriate - but it is EXACTLY what you have just done.  To extend your own logic, it is because he has a posh accent that you automatically dismiss (without due consideration) the content of his speech.  

I'll 'listen' to anyone, regardless how they sound or look, if they talk shite, they talk shite it's not how they look or sound that dictates that.  You need to open your mind chum.

I don't know you, but if I were to judge you by the standards you seem to want to promote, I'd be obliged to think you a hypocrite.      

Don't judge others by your own limitations

From above   "...throw in a  a few latins phrases to impress the serfs.."

Now Felix am I missing, due to the 2 dimensional nature of forum speak, the subtle irony and humour that would be obvious in a spoken conversation...?↙️?

Aliena negotia curo. Excessus propriis 

Did you watch it Mull?  I'd concede that my characteristically poor description fails to do justice to the importance of what we witnessed.

You must have taken at least some pleasure in Bercow's obvious discomfort - it was written all over his face!  The horrible, odious, troll like little man being so obviously and publicly outclassed at his own game.  Did that not even raise a small sense of satisfaction - despite the fact it came from the hands of JRM?

On a more serious note, and to the real point, and the real opportunity for improvement which that video demonstrates - beyond any doubt.  The sort of disruptive, negative, borderline abusive behaviour which has become the anticipated norm in parliament - most notably, but not exclusively by the SNP - will be met by polite but, if necessary, savage intellectual counter point which will, I have absolutely no doubt, consistently expose the instigator for the cretin they are....

That Sir, is to the benefit of us all - despite the posh accent which seems to so openly offend those that are more influenced by the how that the what.

If you actually read what I wrote rather than fishing around for a cheap bit of point scoring I didn't mention Latin or his intellect, I actually commented on people who were only impressed by his ability to put down rather worrying themselves about his ability to improve matters. I don't think there is anything wrong with having an education but it's a shame when it is used to belittle. My remark was aimed at people who are more interested in put down than help up so I shouldn't be surprised that you commented.

• Like 2